Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 11-25-2012, 07:27 PM   #1
take2teach
take2teach began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
E-reader for annotations

Hi. I am an English teacher and I am looking to buy my first e-reader. Much of the information I have found, however, is that annotation is problematic. I cannot get an e-reader that will not allow me to annotate and view those annotations in some form for the whole book, without having to go page by page. I have read good things about the Entourage Edge, but given that the company is no longer in business, this frightens me. Any suggestions?
take2teach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:08 PM   #2
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
The Kindle allows you to view the annotations either in your My Clippings file, online at kindle.amazon.com, or via the book.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2012, 12:55 PM   #3
AnneT
Groupie
AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox i62HD, Onyx Boox T68, Kobo Aura H2O, Boox Poke Pro
You might take a look at the Onyx devices.
I just bought a Boox i62HD. It comes with three different 'apps' for reading, and far the best one is PDF-reader, which - despite it's name - also allows you to read AND annotate ePubs.
You can export the annotations for a whole book to a txt-file, which can easily been used/edited... in a text editor or word processor.
AnneT is offline   Reply With Quote