Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 03-18-2010, 04:06 PM   #1
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
Interesting Battery Behaviour

I have the Dec 2009 firmware on my PocketPRO. I charged it up today (completely depleted) and left the screen on to the current book page that I'm reading. Since the book is in .prc format I can see the battery charge symbol on the bottom status bar. During charging the battery symbol showed the lightening bolt (indicates charging) and the top left indicator light flashed red. Now, just about 8 hours later, the indicator light is green, but the battery symbol still shows the lightening bolt, instead of the "plug" icon that indicates charging is complete.

Which one is correct - the indicator light or the battery symbol? This is the 1st time I've noticed this behaviour....
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 04:52 PM   #2
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Trust the light more... but

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93terp View Post
I have the Dec 2009 firmware on my PocketPRO. I charged it up today (completely depleted) and left the screen on to the current book page that I'm reading. Since the book is in .prc format I can see the battery charge symbol on the bottom status bar. During charging the battery symbol showed the lightening bolt (indicates charging) and the top left indicator light flashed red. Now, just about 8 hours later, the indicator light is green, but the battery symbol still shows the lightening bolt, instead of the "plug" icon that indicates charging is complete.

Which one is correct - the indicator light or the battery symbol? This is the 1st time I've noticed this behaviour....
Dear 93terp:

The light is a better thing to trust. However, I always have kept charging for an hour or two after the green light.

Think of it as the gas gauge in your car. Full on most cars is not really full. You can put in an extra gallow or two of gas. I think the same with the Pocket PRO... green indicates it is "full" but go beyond to "really full"!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-18-2010, 05:16 PM   #3
Mnementh
Groupie
Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra
The battery indicator won't change from the lightning bolt to the bars until you refresh the page, it's just the way E-ink works.
Mnementh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 08:03 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:

I have the latest firmware.
While connected to das komputer for hours,I now have a solid Green LED and a plug icon showing on the "USB Connection" screen.
It is almost like there are 2 different Hardware inside the PEz case
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 09:50 PM   #5
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I have the latest firmware.
While connected to das komputer for hours,I now have a solid Green LED and a plug icon showing on the "USB Connection" screen.
It is almost like there are 2 different Hardware inside the PEz case
That's not impossible. Especially if the hardware factory is aware of shortcomings, they may have revised the design any number of times. Revisions also happen due to parts availability.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-18-2010, 10:45 PM   #6
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I've had mine since the 5th and it's still on the first charge. I'm using Dec firmware. I charged it for 12 hours the first time. The battery indicator does go up and down sometimes which reminds me of a car fuel gauge. lol I suppose it hasn't learned yet the full life of the battery but it's still on 2 bars after a week with no slow downs. I only use MOBI/PRC.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 08:46 AM   #7
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
Dear 93terp:

The light is a better thing to trust. However, I always have kept charging for an hour or two after the green light.

Think of it as the gas gauge in your car. Full on most cars is not really full. You can put in an extra gallow or two of gas. I think the same with the Pocket PRO... green indicates it is "full" but go beyond to "really full"!
Old 03-19-2010, 08:49 AM   #8
93terp
Fear The Turtle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnementh View Post
The battery indicator won't change from the lightning bolt to the bars until you refresh the page, it's just the way E-ink works.
I found that out right after I submitted my OP. But what was even weirder was that if I went one level up (i.e. from the current page --> Bram Stoker books) I would get the battery plug icon. But if I went back to the current page of the book I was reading, the battery icon would change to the lightening bolt. I'm begininning to think the PocketPRO has a mind of it's own!
Old 03-19-2010, 12:23 PM   #9
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
I'm begininning to think the PocketPRO has a mind of it's own!
Nope, it just caches the page, so that it does not have to render it again.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 12:27 PM   #10
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Pocket PRO developing a mind of its own!

Quote:
I found that out right after I submitted my OP. But what was even weirder was that if I went one level up (i.e. from the current page --> Bram Stoker books) I would get the battery plug icon. But if I went back to the current page of the book I was reading, the battery icon would change to the lightening bolt. I'm begininning to think the PocketPRO has a mind of it's own!
Dear 93terp:

Any of the Bram Stoker eBooks have a built-in add-in to slowly develop your Pocket PRO's mind. Eventually you will note robotic-like drive systems and small articulated arms. Eventually, your Pocket PRO will start to control you... making you read out loud to it and choose eBooks it wants to read. We refer to this as: "revenge of the evil Product Manager".
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 12:54 PM   #11
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
Nope, it just caches the page, so that it does not have to render it again.
Obviously it does not want you to withdraw it's teeth
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 12:05 AM   #12
animedude01
Addict
animedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheese

Device: DR1000S, ILIAD2, Nokia n900, Kindle for PC, Astak EZReader Pro
Okay, so far my battery icon hasn't changed at all! It always shows full, even when it completely ran out of juice the other day. That threw me, as I saw that the battery icon showed a full charge, but my laptop wouldn't recognize the reader and the reader wouldn't even reset. I finally thought of re-charging and it worked. However, it still just shows a full charge and doesn't change. Anyone else see this on their Pocket Pro?
animedude01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 03:06 AM   #13
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by animedude01 View Post
Okay, so far my battery icon hasn't changed at all! It always shows full, even when it completely ran out of juice the other day. That threw me, as I saw that the battery icon showed a full charge, but my laptop wouldn't recognize the reader and the reader wouldn't even reset. I finally thought of re-charging and it worked. However, it still just shows a full charge and doesn't change. Anyone else see this on their Pocket Pro?
Which meter? If it's the one in Coolreader - I have to admit that's never shown anything but 4 bars for me.

What about the meter under the bookshelf (before you open any books)?
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 03:44 AM   #14
kdf9511
Madman With A Box
kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Nook Glowlight, Nook Color, Kindle 4, Astak Pocket Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by animedude01 View Post

This just happened to me. The exact same situation.
kdf9511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 11:50 AM   #15
animedude01
Addict
animedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheese

Device: DR1000S, ILIAD2, Nokia n900, Kindle for PC, Astak EZReader Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmee View Post
Which meter? If it's the one in Coolreader - I have to admit that's never shown anything but 4 bars for me.

What about the meter under the bookshelf (before you open any books)?
The meter under the bookshelf. It may be another issue with the new firmware. Apparently others are having odd battery issues as well. I'll wait for the firmware re-release and see if it fixes the issue.
animedude01 is offline   Reply With Quote