Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 03-15-2010, 09:16 AM   #1
drmaxx
Connoisseur
drmaxx will blow your mind, man!drmaxx will blow your mind, man!drmaxx will blow your mind, man!drmaxx will blow your mind, man!drmaxx will blow your mind, man!drmaxx will blow your mind, man!drmaxx will blow your mind, man!drmaxx will blow your mind, man!drmaxx will blow your mind, man!drmaxx will blow your mind, man!drmaxx will blow your mind, man!

Device: none
How to produce epubs for Sony ereader

I am trying to scan some older books and create an epub file for reading on my PRS-600. Everything is fairly straight forward (scanning, ocr, ...) up to the last step: creating a decent formatted epub for the reader.

I am talking about files with some formatting. E.g. I tried to produce a html file and then convert this with Calibre into an epub file. Looks really good if you use the Calibre epub viewer. On the Sony ereader it just looks messy and all pictures are gone. So far, the cleanest results I achieved with PDFs. epub only works if there is one long text with very little formatting.

How do you guys do that? What is the optimal way to produce a decent looking epub file on the Sony? What tools to you use?

By the way: Where I live this is legal and considered fair use....
drmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 10:10 PM   #2
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Many forum members are using Sigil.

Take a look at this EPub. It was created by Zelda pinwheel to demonstrate what EPub can do.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48377

Last edited by Patricia; 03-15-2010 at 10:12 PM.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert