Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-26-2009, 10:35 AM   #16
ozone123
ozone123 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
You came here and posted about the problem you are having with a purchased download you made for your Kindle. Members have provided suggestions how how to get your book back. You do not want to follow that advice. Right now you just seem to want to vent, which is fine but keep in mind whatever problem you are having it rare. If you are willing to work with Amazon it will be cleared up. The majority of us have had good or great customer service for our Kindles.

Think positively.

The reason I won't follow people's advice is because some of the advice was not relevant to the situatiuon regarding whether or not my WhisperNet was turned on or if I was too far away to get a proper signal, things like that....I believe that contacting amazon was the most logical step in reversing the problem. Randomly re-ordering a book doesn't seem to be logical, and will only add to the confusion already made worse by amazon themselves. I'd much prefer to hold on to, and wait until my credit card statement is received so that I can review it and make the correct decision. In the meantime, my book is still on my account page, no official refund has ever been received by me through an email, except when I brought up the problem of the deleted book, so I really don't know where I stand with them to date. I've given up emailing them, because it's obvious to me, that they don't read them, so maybe you've had no problems with them, but to me their customer service stinks!

Last edited by ozone123; 12-26-2009 at 10:54 AM.
ozone123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 10:48 AM   #17
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozone123 View Post
The reason I won't follow people's advice is because I believe that contacting amazon was the most logical step in reversing the problem. Randomly re-ordering a book
The advice I read was to re-download if the book is still in your archive, not reorder.

Quote:
I'd much prefer to hold on to, and wait until my credit card statement is received so that I can review it and make the correct decision.
That makes perfect sense. So maybe going off to sit in a comfy chair to read while it gets sorted out would help the time pass.

Quote:
In the meantime, my book is still on my account page, no official refund has ever been received by me through an email, except when I brought up the problem of the deleted book, so I really don't know where I stand with them to date.
If you've talked to them about giving you a refund, it will take several days to process (actually longer because of the holidays).

Quote:
I've given up emailing them, because it's obvious to me, that they don't read them, so maybe you've had no problems with them, but to me their customer service stinks!
You said it yourself in your reply to PilotBOb:

Quote:
Yes, mistakes can be made, but the book still remains on my account page, so WTF, I ain't taking chances!

Other books I've purchased with them previously went without a hitch, on;y now I seem to have problems.
You've not had a problem before, which should indicate that it is not the norm. It can and will be worked out. Hang in there.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2009, 10:48 AM   #18
ozone123

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Is it on your Amazon account "manage your Kindle" page? Under "Manage your orders"? Even if you downloaded it from your Kindle thru whispernet, it would appear there on your download history

If so......there is no charge for re-downloading.

Or are you saying it disappeared from both your Kindle and your Amazon account page?

It's on the delivery status on my account page only now..............yes after less than 24 hours it was deleted [not by me] from the device itself.

Until the other day I noticed it was also in My Orders. I checked again yesterday and it also disappeared from there, so I don't know who's playing games there at amazon.
Old 12-26-2009, 11:11 AM   #19
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Quote:
lucky you
I take that back. I had an issue with my initial K2 but I had a replacement mailed out to me and had it the next day
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 01:40 PM   #20
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
Most credit card companies allow online access to view charges and balances. You could perhaps check online.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2009, 03:30 PM   #21
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by susan_cassidy View Post
Most credit card companies allow online access to view charges and balances. You could perhaps check online.
Apparently the OP doesn't bank online so has to wait for their CC statement.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 03:32 PM   #22
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
It's on the delivery status on my account page only now..............yes after less than 24 hours it was deleted [not by me] from the device itself.

Until the other day I noticed it was also in My Orders. I checked again yesterday and it also disappeared from there, so I don't know who's playing games there at amazon.
Maybe its just me, but I'm not understanding this post at all.

Amazon doesn't "Play Games". You say you emailed them.

Have you used the "call back" feature?

You need to sign into your account, click on "contact us" and choose the "call me" button.

They call back almost instantly.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 04:59 PM   #23
vaughnmr
Ebook Reader
vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, HTC Evo, HTC View
This person was also posting the exact same message on Kindleboards.com. Very confusing as to what's really going on with this person, but something definitely smells funny.
vaughnmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 05:48 PM   #24
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughnmr View Post
This person was also posting the exact same message on Kindleboards.com. Very confusing as to what's really going on with this person, but something definitely smells funny.
Thank you.

Interesting......
Old 12-26-2009, 07:14 PM   #25
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
Ah well, I tried to be helpful.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 07:21 PM   #26
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallMomof2 View Post
as always.......
Old 12-26-2009, 08:50 PM   #27
Connallmac
Transplanted NYer
Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 8.9", Kindle Fire HD 7", Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallMomof2 View Post
No good deed goes unpunished.
Connallmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 08:26 PM   #28
ozone123

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Apparently the OP doesn't bank online so has to wait for their CC statement.

BOb
Uh, I do my banking online, and actually did it before the internet existed, via an old 56k modem and PC software but I digress. The bank I deal with for my credit card is not the same bank I deal with for my personal accounts. The bank holding my credit card charges a fee for info over the 'phone, so I don't want to incurr additional fees.
Old 12-27-2009, 08:41 PM   #29
crutnacker
Connoisseur
crutnacker has learned how to read e-bookscrutnacker has learned how to read e-bookscrutnacker has learned how to read e-bookscrutnacker has learned how to read e-bookscrutnacker has learned how to read e-bookscrutnacker has learned how to read e-bookscrutnacker has learned how to read e-books

Device: None
Is this the hole in the ozone layer I've heard so much about? There's a certain measure of trolliness about these posts, isn't there? It's amazing you hate Amazon.com but have no problem doing business with a bank that charges you to ask about your transactions.
crutnacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 08:44 PM   #30
ozone123

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcuadro View Post
I take that back. I had an issue with my initial K2 but I had a replacement mailed out to me and had it the next day
Bingo!