Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-29-2009, 07:27 PM   #1
ykmm
ykmm began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505
calibre - prs-505 - sending to sd corrupts files

Hi everybody, i'm a happy owner of a prs-505 (it's 2-3 weeks old), and luckily there is calibre because I never got the sony software to work, but that's another problem, =).

I am facing a problem that I cannot manage to understand.

First a few details:
-calibre: 0.5.14
-prs-505 firmware: 1.2.00.18050
-SD: 512 MB

I am using calibre to convert cbz's to lrf format.

When I use calibre to send them to the internal memory everything is working fine but when I send them to the SD card the files get corrupted and I always get an invalid format error when I try to read them. (a diff between the copied file and the one on the laptop tells that the files are different)

The same happens when I copy the files on the mounted device SD inserted in the prs-505.

Also I can't even delete the files because apparently the are in read only mode and the only way to fix the problem is to format the card with mkfs.vat.

This problem doesn't happen if I copy the files directly to the SD card inserted in the laptop.

How can I investigate this issue further?
ykmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 08:14 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Sounds like you reader has a faulty SD card connector. Try a different SD card, you might get lucky
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-31-2009, 05:24 AM   #3
ykmm
ykmm began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505
if it's a faulty sd connector shouldn't the 505 have problems also reading ebooks?

update: i don't really know what's going on, but I formatted the SD card from ubuntu while it was inserted in the reader, and now everything is working fine. I will try with different SD card in a few days.
ykmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 06:02 PM   #4
tayeb505
tayeb505 began at the beginning.

Device: prs 505
Hi all , please help
I change my arabic word doc files to rtf and send it to my prs505. I see only garbage .
what kind of arabic fonts should I change my arabic doc files. It only works when I change my docs to pdf.

Tayeb505
tayeb505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 06:20 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tayeb505 View Post
Hi all , please help
I change my arabic word doc files to rtf and send it to my prs505. I see only garbage .
what kind of arabic fonts should I change my arabic doc files. It only works when I change my docs to pdf.

Tayeb505
Convert to ePub and embed an Arabic font. That would work.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-31-2009, 06:47 PM   #6
tayeb505
tayeb505 began at the beginning.

Device: prs 505
Hi JSWolf.
Execuse my ignorance. How could I embed arabic fonts.

Tayeb505
tayeb505 is offline   Reply With Quote