Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 05-30-2013, 03:40 AM   #1
ArnieG
ArnieG began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Unhappy Problem with my first conversion

ePub to Mobi conversion went well (I thought). When my wife got to page 215, the remaining story pages were missing but the conversion still had the About The Author page from the end of the book. Help! What did I do wrong?
ArnieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:27 PM   #2
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
First, and i am sure you have done that, check that the pages are in the original.
Then see if the pages are there in the calibre viewer for the converted file.

Probably nothing you have done wrong, to prove that try a different book.

Some books have html codes that cause them to skip forward or backwards at a certain point. Can usually be gotten around by going to a page in the missing section.

You could try converting to rtf and see if the missing pages are there.

I have had things like this happen, and usually they are fixable if all of the pages are there to start with. But I have no recollection of a common solution.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2013, 09:37 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
If this was an EPUB file, I would have guessed that you messed with the 260K setting of: 'Split files larger than'
Many devices choke if a section gets too large.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
conversion problem