Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 08-10-2012, 02:43 PM   #1
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
M92 - What may cause "eratic" USB connection?

My USB connection is OK, but from time to time some users report a problem...

Reading the thread about "problem" with only 1 channel played in earphones,
([QUOTE=jbsavitz;2180651])
it came to my mind, that the chause of both "problems" may be related...

Maybe that some USB plugs are thickier and cannot be properly inserted (because the USB connector is a bit "sinked") and the connection is sort of random.

So, if one experiences random USB problems, it might be good idea to check if the "framing" of the sink does not prevent USB from proper insertion and so causing a loose contact.

It is only my theory based on someone's else experience with an earplug, I do not have such a USB plug.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 06:10 AM   #2
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
I am pretty sure in most cases it is USB power managment of the PC, that causes connection problems.

In my particular case I have noticed if my smartphone has been connected to pc (Samsung Galaxy II), Boox loses its connection. As soon as Galaxy is disconnected, the problem to connect Boox to PC disappears.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2012, 01:57 AM   #3
traceur
traceur began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92 Hercules
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
I am pretty sure in most cases it is USB power managment of the PC, that causes connection problems.
Actually there is no USB 2.0 power management in most of non-top PC HW we have now days. There is no 500 mA per port, but 1000 mA per 4 ports at the same time. The more devices attached, the longer and thinner the external and internal cables are (i.e. desktop front panel ports), the more chances to get some problems. In addition, Boox with battery discharged is quite power consuming itself. The USB 3.0 has to provide more power according to the specifications and regulations, but manufacturers do not follow them right making HW cheaper and less powerfull. In other words, get fast USB 2.0 (3.0) hub with external power supply and you'll solve the problem.
traceur is offline   Reply With Quote