Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 03-03-2012, 11:11 AM   #1
vootie
vootie began at the beginning.

Device: none
epub to mobi error -- no page map?

Hi:

I'm using Kindle Previewer to convert an ePub file created in InDesign 5.5, which has validated in Sigil. The book is quite simple, with just a few images. Previewer tells me that the conversion has failed because of errors. Am I right that I need to scroll through the compilation details and try to guess what the problem is? If so, I have found just the following:

Info(pagemap):I8000: No Page map found in the book

I have been unable to find out what this means. If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks

Chris
vootie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 11:14 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Try converting using Calibre.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2012, 11:19 AM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I wouldn't worry too much about it. There's a way to map kindle locations to a particular print version of the book's physical page numbers. If you don't have a print version (or know the details about which print version you want to use), it can be safely ignored.

There must be other errors in your document, because that error (only a warning, actually) isn't enough to cause the conversion to fail.
(Unless you're actually trying to create a page map and something's wrong)
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 11:21 AM   #4
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Try converting using Calibre.
Jon, you really need to start trying to answer the questions people ask, instead of just telling them what you want them to hear. It's not very helpful. In fact it's rude.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 03-03-2012 at 11:24 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote