Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 07-16-2011, 11:09 PM   #1
stevesr0
Connoisseur
stevesr0 can extract oil from cheesestevesr0 can extract oil from cheesestevesr0 can extract oil from cheesestevesr0 can extract oil from cheesestevesr0 can extract oil from cheesestevesr0 can extract oil from cheesestevesr0 can extract oil from cheesestevesr0 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
No battery charge status %age

I recently bought a new PE on Woot.

When I first tried it, I recall being able to get a percentage estimate of the battery charge by touching the battery icon.

Then, I upgraded to Ermine, using the "manual method".

Some time since the upgrade, I realized that this no longer worked. When I read the user guide, it said I could get to this information from Settings and "about Pocket Edge". However, I don't find an "About Pocket Edge" under Settings.

Once, I noted that the device displayed he charge status after booting up while the screen was not yet unlocked. However, it doesn't do this routinely and the %age disappeared after unlocking the screen.

Anybody else seen this? Is this related to the Ermine upgrade?

Thanks.

Steve
stevesr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 11:15 PM   #2
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Device: eDGe
Under settings, I think its the bottom item(you might have to scroll down), there should be an about edge(or something similar), and within that there is a status button...
emusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2011, 11:25 PM   #3
stevesr0
Connoisseur
stevesr0 can extract oil from cheesestevesr0 can extract oil from cheesestevesr0 can extract oil from cheesestevesr0 can extract oil from cheesestevesr0 can extract oil from cheesestevesr0 can extract oil from cheesestevesr0 can extract oil from cheesestevesr0 can extract oil from cheese

I found this. I hadn't gotten it before, because it is off the screen except for about 2% of the row. When I stuck my stylus down at the very bottom of the screen, it launched and then I could get to all that info.

It seems to me that there is "overscan". Have others noted this? Is there an adjustment?

When I reboot/poweron with the AC attached, it came up with a charging figure, which disappears after I unlock the screen.

I will have to check if this only appears when I power on with the AC attached.

Thanks.

Steve.
Old 07-16-2011, 11:31 PM   #4
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Device: eDGe
it will appear when the AC is attached or when its low on power...

if by overscan you mean going past the end a bit, I think apple has a patent on that and android has been shying away from it, I may be wrong though(other devices have it)...
emusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 12:49 AM   #5
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Steve,

You can usually scroll using the IR mouse button (you may know this, but it sounds to me like you didn't realize there was more on the page than what showed in the window).

You might like an app called Elixir, which lets you put icons on your desktop that monitor various things, including battery percentage. You can find it here: http://www.freewarelovers.com/android/app/elixir
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-17-2011, 12:54 AM   #6
glow
Book and Gadget Fan
glow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to behold

Device: Nooks GL3, ST w/GL, Color, HD+; Kindles Voyage & Paperwhite; PE, EE
I installed a battery widget called Quick Battery that is really handy for seeing the charge. There are others also.
glow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 09:10 AM   #7
arcticmaniac
Connoisseur
arcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipse

Device: entourage pe
U can try battery life from freewarelovers. Its a widget. Have that now n works great. Don't using the screen brightness widget from the same author, it messes up ur pe.
arcticmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 11:13 AM   #8
glenj
glenj began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
I use fancy widget from the Amazon App Market-it takes up a lot of screen space, but you get the weather, battery percentage and the time.
glenj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 09:25 PM   #9
stevesr0
Connoisseur

Thanks.

The mouse is what the user guide and the quick start guide call the trackpad?

I tried to make sense of how you scroll with it and found I was very dense.

Finally, I did try swiping at the trackpad from side to side and up and down and the orange selection swatch moves from icon to icon (and the screen moves).

On the main screen, this doesn't have much utility. However, when I launched the Settings icon, I could indeed easily scroll to the previously offscreen rows.

I haven't worked up to downloading anything yet; when I do, I will look at the battery status and other monitoring apps recommended.

Appreciate the support!

Steve