Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 03-22-2011, 04:31 PM   #16
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Geo Restrictions????
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 05:57 PM   #17
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Geo Restrictions????
Yes indeed.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-22-2011, 06:00 PM   #18
8annika.yael
Enthusiast
8annika.yael doesn't litter8annika.yael doesn't litter8annika.yael doesn't litter

Device: none
angry birds

what is all the hoopla about Angry Birds?
8annika.yael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 06:23 PM   #19
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8annika.yael View Post
An extremely popular game that migrated from iOS to various other platforms. It's a simple game, and can be fun if you're really into that kind of game.

It's kinda like this, but on mobile sets.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 06:33 PM   #20
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8annika.yael View Post
I don't know. I'm not a gamer myself. Have played it a bit. Meehh...
Advert
Old 03-22-2011, 10:02 PM   #21
dereksurfs
dereksurfs began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemurion View Post
Here's exactly what I did to get the App store to work:

I went into Nook Tools and verified that allow non-market apps was checked.

I then went to http://amzn.to/gettappstore in my browser (DolphinHD). Please, note that it won't install from within the browser.

I opened Astro File Manager, navigated to my download folder and double-tapped the app. The option to install came up, I installed the app, logged into my Amazon acc't and it worked.
Hmm,

I got everything working down to the last step, app store installed, app selected and purchased (free). I even got an email notification of the purchase. But once I try to download it just hangs downloading app. Download in progress... But it never fully downloads? I've tried three seperate free apps- same thing.

Its almost like the download is being blocked. And yes, I've made sure allow non-market apps was checked.

Any ideas or suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,

Derek

Last edited by dereksurfs; 03-22-2011 at 10:04 PM.
dereksurfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 12:26 AM   #22
SlowRain
Addict
SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: HTC 10, Asus Phonepad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemurion View Post
I noticed that, too - but it's to establish proof of residency more than anything.
But I'm not a resident.
SlowRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 02:48 AM   #23
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Angry Birds Rio looks fantastic on my Nook Color. Love the size. Better than playing Angry Birds on my iPod touch.

ps: I free stuff
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 03:21 AM   #24
thinkpad
David
thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, E.Edge (sold), Irex Iliad (retired)
What happened to the Kindle app development store? And why is Amazon opening up a store for Android apps? If I wanted Android apps I would just use the market app from Google which already is integrated in my Android phone.
thinkpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 03:52 AM   #25
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkpadx View Post
And why is Amazon opening up a store for Android apps? If I wanted Android apps I would just use the market app from Google which already is integrated in my Android phone.
So they can sell more stuff. Selling is their game. They lure us in with their "free-app-a-day" offer. I've already downloaded both of the free ones they've offered so far.

Who in their right mind would pass up free Angry Birds Rio?
Old 03-23-2011, 04:59 AM   #26
thinkpad
David
thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
So they can sell more stuff. Selling is their game.
Who in their right mind would pass up free Angry Birds Rio?
Angry Birds is way to addictive for me too even install it
Old 03-23-2011, 06:53 AM   #27
kennyc

http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Application...Market-176567/

http://techcrunch.com/2011/03/23/amazon-android-device/

Old 03-23-2011, 07:00 AM   #28
thinkpad
David

Wow, Apple suing Amazon for using the word appstore. This is just a lot of corporate bs but I guess the lawyers are happy.
Old 03-23-2011, 07:02 AM   #29
kennyc

Gotta keep the lawyers and bankers happy....
Old 03-23-2011, 07:21 AM   #30
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkpadx View Post
Angry Birds is way to addictive for me too even install it
Man, I just played a round of AB Rio on my Color, then tried to do a round of AB on my touch. I stopped. There's just no comparison. 7" kicks 3.5" butt! I'd have to be desperate to wanna go back to playing it on the touch.