Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 12-29-2009, 12:52 PM   #166
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93terp View Post
I didn't see the following enhancement listed in the master list - ability to scroll long file names that are longer than screen can accommodate.
I asked for it to wrap (on the about (document) page). That is on the list.
I believe that many have complained that the library file entry should also support longer names.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 01:45 PM   #167
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I asked for it to wrap (on the about (document) page). That is on the list.
I believe that many have complained that the library file entry should also support longer names.
Ah, I must have missed the wrap request! Glad to see it's on the list.
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 02:05 PM   #168
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Ah, I must have missed the wrap request! Glad to see it's on the list.

It is a big list
Old 12-29-2009, 08:37 PM   #169
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
I didn't see the following enhancement listed in the master list - ability to scroll long file names that are longer than screen can accomodate.
scrolling is a bad idea on E-Ink, better to wrap them or pan if needed depending on where you are seeing them.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 05:39 PM   #170
omro
Addict
omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Is there a consolidated list?
omro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 06:10 PM   #171
ekaser
Opinion Artiste
ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Device: Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by omro View Post
Is there a consolidated list?
See message #1 in this thread (ie, go to page 1, read the very first message). I try to keep it edited to include most of the (reasonable) things that folks suggest.
ekaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 10:38 PM   #172
Joebill
Fanatic
Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pandigital Novel
I just got the 5" Pocket Pro this week. I haven't read throlugh all of the free books yet. I tried different fonts. My older eyes need fonts that are thicker, or with a Bold option. Thin lettering is hard for me to read. Laser retina surgery tore up some of the rods and cones in my eyes, so bold fonts are easier to read. I have good eyesight, its just low-light or thin letteting is difficult to see well.

I'll check some of the fonts, and see if particular txt ebooks are easier for me to read than other fonts. I'll post to let you know.
Joebill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 10:51 PM   #173
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semp View Post
UTF-8 hexa 0105, 0107, 0119, 0144, 015B, 017A, 017C, 0104, 0106, 0118, 0143, 015A, 0179, 017B
All of them I see as "?"
Simple solution. Embed the font(s) needed to see what it is you want to see. ePub supports embedded fonts very nicely.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 04:22 AM   #174
hapmas77
Connoisseur
hapmas77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hapmas77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hapmas77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hapmas77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hapmas77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hapmas77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hapmas77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hapmas77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hapmas77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hapmas77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hapmas77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 2, Galaxy Tab S2 9.7, Kindle PW
I want to suggest the ability to rotate counter clockwise in addition to the current rotation. Maybe as rotation sub-menu in Setting.
hapmas77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 06:14 AM   #175
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by hapmas77 View Post
I want to suggest the ability to rotate counter clockwise in addition to the current rotation. Maybe as rotation sub-menu in Setting.
You can do that currently with FB2 files. I absolutely love using FB2, has alot of flexibility but currently no reader really supports nor encourages its use.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 06:27 PM   #176
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Can we at least get an option to "Remove from List" for the "Recently read" list?
2 Reasons: I really use the list as "Recently Reading", since I tend to have a number of subjects "In Progress" :P
1) A wrong or unwanted title,image or format was viewed.
2)I finished that title (but don't want to delete the book from my reader.
Old 01-19-2010, 06:54 PM   #177
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma
Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Purple Astak Pocket Pro! :)
I have a question about highlighting... I see someone posted here they'd like to see that capability added, and I agree. Is this something that can be done with firmware, or would it need to be in a future product release?
Davimee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 12:30 PM   #178
ekaser
Opinion Artiste
ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davimee View Post
I have a question about highlighting... I see someone posted here they'd like to see that capability added, and I agree. Is this something that can be done with firmware, or would it need to be in a future product release?
Highlighting (or marking-up of documents) requires some method of selecting a specific block of text, which really requires some form of touchscreen (any other method would be pretty brutal to use much), as well as the software (in the firmware, ie, the operating system code) to support it. The latter could be done to any platform, but again, it would be pretty brutal to use without a touchscreen device.
Old 01-20-2010, 12:37 PM   #179
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma
Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Purple Astak Pocket Pro! :)
Ekaser, thank you for the information. I would really like the ability to highlight, but I don't want it enough to go with a touchscreen device. From what I've read about them, it's not worth the loss of quality. I think I'll just stick with bookmarks, when I'm ready to get mine. Thanks!
Davimee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 09:01 PM   #180
ekaser
Opinion Artiste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davimee View Post
Ekaser, thank you for the information. I would really like the ability to highlight, but I don't want it enough to go with a touchscreen device. From what I've read about them, it's not worth the loss of quality. I think I'll just stick with bookmarks, when I'm ready to get mine. Thanks!
Don't give up on touch-screens all-together. Technology marches on. There are already touchscreens that use a 'pen' to write with that have NO (ZERO) impact on the quality of the display, and there are technologies "right around the corner" that will allow "finger touch" control that also have no impact. Of course, whether these will appear on a device you want and are willing to pay for is another matter...