Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > ePub Books

Notices

Old 08-26-2012, 04:24 PM   #16
CommonReader
Fanatic
CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, PRS-650, Vaio Tap 11, iPad Mini
This is fabulous. Thank you so much.
CommonReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:10 PM   #17
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
What a stunning effort. I'm speechless. Thanks a ton.
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:30 PM   #18
gsmolders
gsmolders began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Dear pynch,

I registered just to thank you for your effort. Excellent work!

Regards,

Geert
gsmolders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:59 PM   #19
Crazy.Diamond
Crazy.Diamond began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thank you so much!

Cheers.
Crazy.Diamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:29 PM   #20
pynch
why in?
pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Aura
Update | v.3.0 | 7 Oct 2012

Updated with the out of print Volume 1 of Joyce’ letters!

Unfortunately, I had to eliminate Stuart Gilbert’s notes, because they’re not public domain yet (but I’ve set an alarm for 2020!).

Is there anyone out there with Vols. 2 & 3 on the shelf and a scanner at your disposal? I’m having problems getting them from a library at the moment.

Best,
pynch.
pynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:43 PM   #21
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Once more, absolutely fantastic work! Thanks a lot again.

Wish I could help out with the other 2 vols., but I haven't got them, unfortunately.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:45 PM   #22
Matriarch
Matriarch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matriarch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matriarch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matriarch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matriarch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matriarch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matriarch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matriarch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matriarch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matriarch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matriarch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4
This is brilliant work! Thank you for keeping it updated!
Matriarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 07:00 AM   #23
pynch
why in?
pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

v.4.0 | Update 28 Oct 2012

I’m sure you have all been waiting for something like this: more transcriptions of fragments from Finnegans Wake, published in American and French magazines in the 1920s. One comes from the robotwisdom website, for the other two I transcribed the originals’ scans on Gallica.

I am working on another update with early drafts of chapters from Ulysses and Finnegans Wake, including the earliest written vignettes which would later be incorporated into the Wake, and were—according to Danis Rose, at least—planned as a short story collection called “Finn’s Hotel” (improbable but intriguing).

Also, for those millions of people who enthusiastically compare preliminary texts with finished ones, there will be a special single-volume edition of Finnegans Wake soon, with an appendix of some FW chapters in which all the alterations are marked in the text itself.

And here’s my all-time-favourite note to contributors by transition’s editor Eugene Jolas: “Read transition before submitting manuscripts. We welcome new work but not the kind that might be accepted elsewhere. Imitations of James Joyce and Gertrude Stein are automatically rejected.
Old 10-28-2012, 11:52 AM   #24
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil

Amazing how you keep adding to this. Must be the best Joyce edition available by now. Thanks a ton again!

Old 10-29-2012, 02:32 AM   #25
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra 2, Elipsa, Sage
It is unfair that "one can not add reputation to the same post twice", as if this wasn't a many times renewed opus!

Many thanks twice, and thrice etc.
anacreon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 03:30 AM   #26
pynch
why in?

v.5.0 | Update 11 Nov 2012

The publisher asks the reader’s indulgence for typographical errors unavoidable in the exceptional circumstances.” — Sylvia Beach.

As there isn’t—and likely never will be—an authoritative edition of Ulysses, this epub should happily embrace that fact, which is why I added a second version: the text of the 1922 Shakespeare & Company first edition that has all the “original” mistakes. I have paginated both versions according to the first edition, and those page numbers also serve as links between the two which should make comparisons easier.

I was a little surprised not to find an epub of this anywhere, so I used the transcription from wikisource, carefully deleted all the line breaks inside paragraphs, added the copyright notice and the printer’s note not present in the transcription, and tried to adhere to the original formatting as close as possible (meaning there is a third stylesheet in this epub now). Even obvious formatting errors have not been corrected.

To be continued,
pynch.
Old 11-11-2012, 06:45 AM   #27
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil

Quote:
To be continued,
pynch.
Old 12-15-2012, 09:37 AM   #28
pynch
why in?

v.6.0 | Update 15 Dec 2012

Here comes every draft for chapters from Ulysses and Finnegans Wake that can be found on Jorn Barger’s robotwisdom-site.

From Ulysses you’ll find, in the Other Writings section, drafts for ‘Proteus’, ‘Cyclops’, and ‘Circe’. And then there are eight short texts from 1923/24 which became parts of Finnegans Wake later (but are a much easier read!), seven of which some people believed to be planned as a collection of short stories.

I am still trying to find the two missing volumes of Joyce’ letters, perhaps next year ...
Old 02-04-2013, 10:38 AM   #29
pynch
why in?

Update | v.6.1 | 4 Feb 2013

A small update and two bigger announcements:

Fixed dozens of mistakes and improved the formatting of the Critical Writings, and corrected about 50 minor mistakes in Finnegans Wake.

I discovered this morning that eight more editions of transition with early versions of Wake chapters are available on the Gallica website, which, I’m afraid, I will have to include in the collection.

And. There. Will. Be. More. Letters!

Last edited by pynch; 02-25-2013 at 12:08 PM.
Old 02-13-2013, 06:12 AM   #30
danutzeus
danutzeus began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thank you

Fantastic job! Please tell me what source have you used for the Epiphanies? There is much controversy (as usual) and I am planning to translate and publish them, and I decided to use the Buffalo notebook containing only 22 of them...

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by pynch View Post
A small update and two bigger announcements:

Fixed dozens of mistakes and improved the formatting of the Critical Writings, and corrected about 50 minor mistakes in Finnegans Wake.

I discovered this morning that eight more editions of transition with early versions of Wake chapters are available on the Gallica website, which, I’m afraid, I will have to include in the collection.

And. There. Will. Be. More. Letters!
danutzeus is offline   Reply With Quote