Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 06-20-2012, 11:39 AM   #16
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
It is possible to buy a thickier pen. Booxtor sells them. Or someone has suggested to incorporate default pen into thickier ball-pen.

Concerning erasing and writing.
If you speak about Scribling application and not scribling to the text, there is an alternative Scriblin App developed by PeterX at this forum. It might suite your needs better than Onyx one. For example the eraser is like real eraser, so no problem with 'i's dot'.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=170271
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 11:44 AM   #17
sfauzia
sfauzia began at the beginning.

Device: Boox M92 Black Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mono View Post
It is possible to buy a thickier pen. Booxtor sells them. Or someone has suggested to incorporate default pen into thickier ball-pen.
I was aware of this (but the device is not in stock presently), but I was suggesting that it be shipped by default. I would understand the smaller stylus being used if it were to fit in a pen barn, but there isn't a pen barn on the M92 device, so the choice of a small stylus by default doesn't make logical sense to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mono View Post
Concerning erasing and writing.
If you speak about Scribling application and not scribling to the text, there is an alternative Scriblin App developed by PeterX at this forum. It might suite your needs better than Onyx one. For example the eraser is like real eraser, so no problem with 'i's dot'.
I'll try this application and report back--thanks for the link .
sfauzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 02:34 PM   #18
por
Groupie
por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: ONYX M96
I don't know of a better 10' e-reader than m92. If you buy it from Booxtor, you'll also get a very good customer-service. On top of that the device is no mere e-reader. If you've hear about the "noteslate" vaporware, M92 could be seen as a materialization of this project. For me, there are only several bugs and software imperfections that keep this device from dominating the market.
por is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 03:00 PM   #19
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfauzia View Post
I was aware of this (but the device is not in stock presently), but I was suggesting that it be shipped by default.
You are right thickier pen would be more handy. And not pure white. If I put it on paper it is hard to find it.

You can make the pen thickier in this way:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=388

It might be faster than to wait for a thickier replacement stylus and much less expensive.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:44 AM   #20
Read&Write
Enthusiast
Read&Write has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Onyx M92
As someone who reads technical texts for work on a daily basis, I can recommend the device whole-heartedly. Even hand-written / (well) photographed text is no real problem to read. The "hide margins"-feature is immensely useful and if you use calibre, the M92 is even a great substitute for a "physical" newspaper.

I should add, however, that I normally do not read texts with complex or highly detailed pictures. For someone who has to differenciate lots of details in pictures (which I imagine is the case with medical students), a non-e-ink screen might actually be a better choice, since those can deliver color in a more or less realisitic way.
Read&Write is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 08:20 AM   #21
VAM
VAM will become famous soon enoughVAM will become famous soon enoughVAM will become famous soon enoughVAM will become famous soon enoughVAM will become famous soon enoughVAM will become famous soon enough

I know this is an old thread, but I have owned my Booxtor edition M92 for over a year now and I like it. It has given me no problems. I bought it mainly because I read a lot of PDFs and it is more capable with that format than nearly any other reader out there. I do read MOBI and EPUB books on it too with no complaints.
VAM is offline   Reply With Quote