Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-21-2009, 09:53 AM   #1
reader2009
reader2009 began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader 505
Unhappy What happened to my reader ???

Recently , I've noticed that the battery life became extremely short , it last only 20-30 pages ...,sometimes only pushing the buttons several times will drop one bar of the charge meter . I used to charge it with usb via my computer , but the battery life was OK , it used to take a week to drain the battery , but now I need to charge it every day .

so I thought may be the usb no longer capable of charging the battery probably , so I bought a 5 v. AC adaptor - the only one available here - I couldn't find 7v. AC adaptor.

Is it the charger or there is something wrong with my reader ?
reader2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 09:55 AM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Have you tried to reboot it? Are you sure the battery is actually that low... it could just be a messed up indicator. Rebooting might resolve it.

Or, is it possible there is an MP3 playing in the background that you are not aware of. That could do it too.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2009, 10:15 AM   #3
reader2009

No music is playing in the background and I tried rebooting the reader but still I have the same problem .
Old 12-21-2009, 10:17 AM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by reader2009 View Post
No music is playing in the background and I tried rebooting the reader but still I have the same problem .
Hmm.... sorry to hear that. How long have you had it and how much do you read on it. Perhaps it is just time for a new battery.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 10:27 AM   #5
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by reader2009 View Post
...so I bought a 5 v. AC adaptor - the only one available here - I couldn't find 7v. AC adaptor.

Is it the charger or there is something wrong with my reader ?
A 5 v or 5.2 v adapter is the right choice. I'm assuming the adapter has the round (yellow) plug to charge the reader and not through the mini USB connection.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2009, 10:53 AM   #6
reader2009

I had it for one year . I don't read much lately , actually ..I didn't use it for a couple of months .
Old 12-25-2009, 07:11 PM   #7
mollybo
Connoisseur
mollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with othersmollybo plays well with others

Device: Rocket eBook, Gemstar, and Kindle 3
That seems like a short life for a battery ... did the battery run down totally in the couple of months that you didn't use it? That can be hard on a battery, and is the only thing I can think of that might have damaged it. I've used my 505 daily for a year and nearly daily for another 3/4 of a year (total use: 21 or so months) and have not noticed much shortening of battery life. But mine is usually topped off just because I load books onto it so frequently.

You might go to a battery store and see what a custom battery build will cost you. I don't recall the exact amount, but replacing the 505 battery with an official Sony battery is outrageously priced.
mollybo is offline   Reply With Quote