Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-01-2012, 05:55 PM   #1
deannah
Connoisseur
deannah began at the beginning.

Device: KK, KT, KFire, KFire HD, KPaperwhite
Calibre and Windows Shutdown

I'm a new Calibre user and still finding my way around, but wondered if anyone else had seen this. I installed the latest version, 0.8.41 the other day and from that time on my Windows 7 laptop would not shut down automatically. I had to use the power button to turn it off.

I re-installed an older version, 0.8.39 and the problem went away. Just curious if it has happened to anyone else.

Version: 0.8.41

Calibre is a wonderful program and am thoroughly enjoying getting my ebook collection organized and backed up. Thank you Kovid and all contributors.

Deanna
deannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 07:33 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by deannah View Post
I'm a new Calibre user and still finding my way around, but wondered if anyone else had seen this. I installed the latest version, 0.8.41 the other day and from that time on my Windows 7 laptop would not shut down automatically. I had to use the power button to turn it off.

I re-installed an older version, 0.8.39 and the problem went away. Just curious if it has happened to anyone else.

Version: 0.8.41

Calibre is a wonderful program and am thoroughly enjoying getting my ebook collection organized and backed up. Thank you Kovid and all contributors.

Deanna
Had you started the content server?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2012, 07:44 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

W7 HP, no problems shutting down, even with Calibre still open.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:15 PM   #4
deannah
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Had you started the content server?
No, not to my knowledge, but possible, I guess. Would that have caused the problem? thanks ..
Old 03-01-2012, 09:17 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by deannah View Post
No, not to my knowledge, but possible, I guess. Would that have caused the problem? thanks ..
Don't know My content servers (2) are on XP and Ubuntu.
W7 is my newish Laptop
Advert
Old 03-01-2012, 10:14 PM   #6
deannah
Connoisseur

Thanks for your help anyway. Guess I will delve into content servers later .. there is so much to learn. This software does SO much, I'm pretty much overwhelmed.