Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-22-2009, 07:24 PM   #1
unrequited
Zealot
unrequited doesn't litterunrequited doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2 DX
KDX: Unable to search PDFs from main screen... PDFs not indexed?

I guess there's no indexing going on for PDF searching because I can't seem to find any words that are in my PDFs from the main screen "search my items". I can however open the PDF and search once I'm in, but then again, it's not a find every occurance, it's just a find next occurance.
unrequited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 07:34 PM   #2
Gideon
Wearer of Pants
Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Amazon Kindle DX / iPhone
I think that is just how it works with PDFs.
Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2009, 07:44 PM   #3
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
The "all device" search only includes the PDF's metadata. So you might be able to search for the title or author but not much else.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 07:59 PM   #4
unrequited
Zealot
unrequited doesn't litterunrequited doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2 DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
The "all device" search only includes the PDF's metadata. So you might be able to search for the title or author but not much else.
Pooh.
unrequited is offline   Reply With Quote