Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-26-2009, 04:58 PM   #1
glenn cornish
glenn cornish began at the beginning.

Device: Sony e-book
Can we request books out of copyright?

I've never seen requests for specific books to be posted on the forum - is this acceptable.

I would love to have 'Gichin Funakoshi's Karate-do, my way of life', or any other books by Funakoshi for my PRS-505.

Guidance appreciated

Thanks

Glenn Cornish
glenn cornish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 05:04 PM   #2
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
There is a lively ebook request thread here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10290

Funakoshi seems to have died in 1957, so the work is out of copyright in Canada, which is where our servers are located. But, do you know of an electronic source for someone to convert? If so, then post a link.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2009, 05:08 PM   #3
glenn cornish
glenn cornish began at the beginning.

Device: Sony e-book
Thanks for the link. I don't know of an electronic source, but will search. Thanks for doing the research on Funakoshi.

Glenn
glenn cornish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 05:15 PM   #4
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
NB if it is a translated work then we also have to be sure that the translation is out of copyright.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote