Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 09-17-2015, 05:46 AM   #1
svenlind
Fanatic
svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Kobo Sage and Libra 2,Ipad mini 5
Marvin and IOS 9

Hi,

I know that Marvin/Gerty should have been upgraded to IOS 9.
Can some of you confirm that everything is ok with Marvin?

TIA
svenlind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 09:39 AM   #2
ChristopherTD
Addict
ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin Reader on iPad Air (via Calibre)
Marvin is working for me on iOS 9 on iPhone 6+

Haven't noticed anything that seems broken.
ChristopherTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2015, 04:03 AM   #3
svenlind
Fanatic
svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Kobo Sage and Libra 2,Ipad mini 5
Thank you. I dared to upgrade my iPad 3. Everything Marvin is indeed ok.

Marvin/Gerty are AFAIK the only readers where you can arrange to have access to online dictionaries. I can access my English -> Danish dictionary using Marvin/Gerty.

So I am very concerned about my continued use of these readers.
svenlind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 02:22 PM   #4
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
They both were optimized for iOS 9 early in the beta. They just don't have any of the fancy new APIs (yet?).
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 06:24 PM   #5
BuddyCeb
BuddyCeb began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad
I am totally lost here, I downloaded the latest Marvin version on my Ipad mini using the latest IOS system, can't sync it with Calibre like I used to be able to. Am I missing something? Don't know where to go to get Marvin to work for me on iPad. HELP!!!!
BuddyCeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2015, 11:04 PM   #6
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
I think there was an issue with the way Apple let applications store files - and access other app's files... or something like that. The Calibre plugin that synced directly to Marvin hasn't been updated yet..but maybe you could ask the developer of that plugin in the Calibre forum?

I have been using Calibre's OPDS server to access all of my books from all over the world...it is still working! You could try that. Or, other people have been storing their book library on dropbox and able to download from there.

Cheers,
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 02:44 AM   #7
Montana Harper
Zealot
Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone 12, Kindle Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
I think there was an issue with the way Apple let applications store files - and access other app's files... or something like that. The Calibre plugin that synced directly to Marvin hasn't been updated yet..but maybe you could ask the developer of that plugin in the Calibre forum
The iOSRA plugin cannot be updated to work with Marvin the way Marvin is currently written. Everyone on that forum is suggesting people come over here and bring the issue up with Marvin's dev, because for things to work again requires him to change where Marvin stores certain types of data, I guess.
Montana Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 10:21 AM   #8
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
ahh... thanks for the update!
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 12:11 AM   #9
crashnburn
Groupie
crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad1 iOS 5.1.1b, iPhone 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Harper View Post
The iOSRA plugin cannot be updated to work with Marvin the way Marvin is currently written. Everyone on that forum is suggesting people come over here and bring the issue up with Marvin's dev, because for things to work again requires him to change where Marvin stores certain types of data, I guess.
What was the last version of Marvin that still worked with Calibre via the wire driver? I am still on M 2.5.4
crashnburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 09:40 AM   #10
MSWallack
Right, Except When Wrong
MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3 (sometimes iPad Mini).
The problem isn't with the version of Marvin; it's with the update to iOS. As I understand it, no version of Marvin will connect to Calibre since the iOS 9 update.
MSWallack is offline   Reply With Quote