Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-10-2012, 05:08 PM   #1
multiprose
Connoisseur
multiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheese

Device: kindle
VNC on any eink pocketbook

is there a VNC client that works on any of the eink pocketbook models?
multiprose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 05:51 PM   #2
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Look to the Sony PRS-T1, it runs Android 2.2 and is trivially easy to root.
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/PRST...ing_and_Tweaks

Not sure about VNC (last I looked there were a whole bunch of them for Android, some free some not) but the thing looks to be compatible with a *lot* of Android apps (though not all) so you may find a match. It is early in the exploration of the device but so far people are finding a *lot* of easy tweaks.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2012, 03:02 AM   #3
multiprose
Connoisseur
multiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheese

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
Look to the Sony PRS-T1, it runs Android 2.2 and is trivially easy to root.
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/PRST...ing_and_Tweaks

Not sure about VNC (last I looked there were a whole bunch of them for Android, some free some not) but the thing looks to be compatible with a *lot* of Android apps (though not all) so you may find a match. It is early in the exploration of the device but so far people are finding a *lot* of easy tweaks.
thanks. do you know if there are new releases that have improved (minimize i guess?) the sony t1's excessive refreshing?

back in Oct., according to an the-ebook-reader.com article the nook was more functional as a rooted device. has this change in the recent months?
multiprose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:27 AM   #4
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by multiprose View Post
thanks. do you know if there are new releases that have improved (minimize i guess?) the sony t1's excessive refreshing?

back in Oct., according to an the-ebook-reader.com article the nook was more functional as a rooted device. has this change in the recent months?
The Sony still does a full refresh on every page update.
It seems to be hardwired.

If you don't need audio on your VNC seesion, the Nook STR is also an option.
You might need to fight B&N to keep the hack under future firmware updates but if partial refreshes are somehinng you prefer...

Me, my experience with partial refresh on the PB360 has been that getting the full "black flash" sometimes and not others is more annoying than the slower refresh. That drove me to the Sony instead of the Nook.

Plus the physical form factor; it is *exactly* the size of a paperback and comparable to the PB360 in pocketability. I use it mostly to Read in Coolreader in dual-column landscape so the buttons come out right under my thumb, just like the PB360.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote