Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 09-07-2011, 11:15 AM   #1
carpler
carpler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Problems in lit to epub conversion

I'm a newbie with ebooks and related, but there is something frustrating for me in conversion.
I've got a Nook STR and I've tried several times to convert some ebook to epub, but always with some issue.
The input format that I used was: pdf, rtf and lit, but never the epub outup had the same aspect as the original.
Why this?
Sometimes I've got pagebreak where is not, the images with used as initial letter is not alligned as the original, and so on.
Initially I thought about a pdf problem, but I did not expect the same problems for the lit format.
Why is so difficult convert files and obtain the same aspect?
Wich is the best input format to voncert in epub?
Ah: I use Calibre 0.8.17.
Many thanks for your attention
carpler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 12:01 PM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Due to differences in formats there is no way to produce an exact looking output from an arbitrary input with an automated conversion. If you're unhappy with the output of a conversion I recommend you either try it again with different options or use a tool like Sigil to edit the EPUB to your liking.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2011, 03:36 AM   #3
jjabrams
Banned
jjabrams began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Converting to ePub

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpler View Post
Why is so difficult convert files and obtain the same aspect?
Wich is the best input format to convert in epub?
I've found that straight up html works well. If you don't have a lot of html know how, you can try uploading the book into "mobi pocket creator" to get a .prc book and then upload that to Calibre. There are still going to be a few issues if the html is not to Calibre's standards, but you may get better results.

Hope this helped a little

"The quieter you become, the more you can hear."

Last edited by dreams; 09-13-2011 at 03:09 PM. Reason: spam link removed by moderation
jjabrams is offline   Reply With Quote