Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-26-2013, 01:25 PM   #1
zxczxc
Addict
zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Device: PW
anyway to 'remount' device?

hi, i can eject my kindle on my computer, so that i can still use it whilst it is charging, but say i want to access the device on my computer again, i have to unplug and replug the usb cable right?

with my android phone i can eject/'reattach' (or at least turn off and on usb drive mode) on the phone itself.
is this possible (would be possible?) with KUAL, etc?

thanks
zxczxc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:42 PM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by zxczxc View Post
hi, i can eject my kindle on my computer, so that i can still use it whilst it is charging, but say i want to access the device on my computer again, i have to unplug and replug the usb cable right?

with my android phone i can eject/'reattach' (or at least turn off and on usb drive mode) on the phone itself.
is this possible (would be possible?) with KUAL, etc?

thanks
It is possible,
And has been posted on the forum here some time ago (within the last year).
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:28 PM   #3
zxczxc
Addict
zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.zxczxc knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

ah, by that i assume you mean i should search, but i searched for some hopeful chosen keywords, and i got nothing. but, thanks for your help.
Old 04-26-2013, 06:27 PM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zxczxc View Post
ah, by that i assume you mean i should search, but i searched for some hopeful chosen keywords, and i got nothing. but, thanks for your help.
Try the "Advanced Search" function.
While logged in, leave upper right search box empty, click the "search" button - then the "Advanced Search" page will open.

(took me 8 months to find it myself )
Old 04-26-2013, 11:35 PM   #5
brianinmaine
Evangelist
brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Touch (5.3.7)
So I was also curious... I did the search...
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ighlight=eject

Answer is yes, kind of. Once it's ejected, you could make a script for KUAL to reattach.

I'll just keep unplugging.

It would be helpful to know by some indicator if it was in USB network mode before I plugged it in? I wonder how that could be done?
brianinmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:42 PM   #6
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianinmaine View Post
So I was also curious... I did the search...
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ighlight=eject

Answer is yes, kind of. Once it's ejected, you could make a script for KUAL to reattach.

I'll just keep unplugging.

It would be helpful to know by some indicator if it was in USB network mode before I plugged it in? I wonder how that could be done?
Nice find, I had forgotten I even helped answer the O.P. question before (old age here).
Perhaps a better link:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...1&postcount=13

There is a KUAL button that will add a "USB network mode" indicator.

OR:
Since the cable **should** be un-plugged while changing the hardware drivers of the USB port ....

Watch your "battery" indicator very carefully - -
You will see it switch to the "on external power" icon at the start of the mode change (which has to be a lie, the cable isn't plugged in) and will switch back to the "on battery power" icon at the end of the mode change.

Last edited by knc1; 04-26-2013 at 11:49 PM.
Old 04-27-2013, 12:25 AM   #7
brianinmaine
Evangelist
brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Touch (5.3.7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
There is a KUAL button that will add a "USB network mode" indicator.
I was always using the ;un in the search bar which does NOT show a difference like I expected, using the KUAL button changes the icon from battery to charging. Thanks for pointing that out!
brianinmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:19 AM   #8
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianinmaine View Post
I was always using the ;un in the search bar which does NOT show a difference like I expected, using the KUAL button changes the icon from battery to charging. Thanks for pointing that out!
FYI: The Kual project team is hard at work making access to information on the "features" available much more user friendly.
Old 04-27-2013, 01:26 PM   #9
zxczxc
Addict

wow, ok thanks for the help!

so i made a new kual button that loads this:

lipc-send-event com.lab126.hal usbPlugIn
lipc-send-event com.lab126.hal usbConfigured

it seems to work at first, the kindle screen goes into the usb mode, but it seems it does not actually get mounted, so many for the kindle touch those two commands were enough, but for the paperwhite, something more is needed?
i will try it on another computer, but i doubt anything will change.

-edit. as in nothing will come up on my computer, the drive will not appear for accessing. if i remove the cable and put it back, then it works as normal.
thanks

Last edited by zxczxc; 04-27-2013 at 02:38 PM.