Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 05-17-2013, 12:06 PM   #1996
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
Yep, you're correct, I misunderstood. Perhaps Pook didn't?

No worries.

Perhaps if I lurked less and posted more there would not have been a misunderstanding.
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 12:53 PM   #1997
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool stuff...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaCowboy View Post
Finished it last night, myself. I'm looking forward to the next installment!
Yeah, the one we have to wait for till the end of August!

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_phoenix View Post
No worries.

Perhaps if I lurked less and posted more there would not have been a misunderstanding.
Good thought participate more!

alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-17-2013, 05:07 PM   #1998
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Skin Game release date:
200 DAYS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookeysgirl View Post
Oh no you didn't just steal my countdown!!!!
You are slacking again... HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Waiting for Taken to arrive at the library for me, but it's taking way too long. Can't wait for Chosen to come out -- on August 27, 2013.

Hmm, maybe we should count down for that as well?

"Chosen" release countdown:
92 DAYS!
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 10:58 PM   #1999
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool stealing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookeysgirl View Post
Oh no you didn't just steal my countdown!!!!
Speaking of stealing!

Releases today:
Storm Front (A Derrick Storm Novel): Castle (Hardcover) Richard Castle

Old 05-18-2013, 04:20 PM   #2000
Abtacha
Addict
Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Speaking of stealing!

Releases today:
Storm Front (A Derrick Storm Novel): Castle (Hardcover) Richard Castle

Still haven't read any of those, are they good (if one likes the series)?
Abtacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-18-2013, 04:38 PM   #2001
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Richard Castle books

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abtacha View Post
Still haven't read any of those, are they good (if one likes the series)?
I've read all 4 Niki Heat books, the first was pretty good and the next 3 were even better. I've read the 1st of the Derrick Storm books and it was also pretty good. The one announced in my post is the 4th book. I plan on reading the rest relatively soon.

Old 05-18-2013, 05:51 PM   #2002
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Got a little lost in this thread, but I just finished Book 3 (Grave Peril). Is there a timeline somewhere that perhaps shows how much time passes from book to book? I know, I could probably plot it myself, but no sense reinventing the wheel if a fan has already done it. Starting Book 4 tomorrow.
Tarana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 06:32 PM   #2003
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Dresden Files: Series Timeline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
Got a little lost in this thread, but I just finished Book 3 (Grave Peril). Is there a timeline somewhere that perhaps shows how much time passes from book to book? I know, I could probably plot it myself, but no sense reinventing the wheel if a fan has already done it. Starting Book 4 tomorrow.
There's a fairly extensive thread concerning Dresden timelines on jimbutcheronline.com and you can find that thread here.

Old 05-18-2013, 10:59 PM   #2004
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Speaking of stealing!
Um...

Yeah...

I was quoting pookeysgirl, who complained about my stealing the countdown, and FLAUNTING that fact proudly. Because I will keep doing so for as long as she slacks off.
Old 05-18-2013, 11:05 PM   #2005
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Skin Game release date:
199 DAYS!

Sorry I'm late, the Sabbath just ended about 30 minutes ago...

Pookeysgirl, you are STILL slacking, so I will doubtless end up monopolizing the countdown. Reply really quickly if you wish to (TRY to) defend your position.

And Chosen will be out in
91 DAYS!
Old 05-19-2013, 09:18 PM   #2006
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Taken, (Alex Verus #3) by Benedict Jacka

Quote:
You folks got me all stirred up about Alex Verus so I've just begun reading Taken. It's pretty good so far!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaCowboy View Post
Finished it last night, myself. I'm looking forward to the next installment!
Taken was a really superb read that was quite exciting and also contained multiple unexpected plot twists and surprises.

I'll be anxiously looking forward to Chosen which will be available the last week of August.

Old 05-20-2013, 01:42 AM   #2007
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Skin Game release date:
197 DAYS!

And Chosen will be out in
89 DAYS!
Old 05-20-2013, 12:08 PM   #2008
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Ghoul, Goblin: Issue 4 is Here!

Quoted from jim-butcher.com

Quote:
May 16, 2013 - Ghoul, Goblin: Issue 4 is Here!

Issue #4 of the original Dresden Files graphic novel, GHOUL GOBLIN, came out last week.

Quote:
A small, isolated Midwestern town is being terrorized by a pair of the Nevernever’s most vile creatures, who’vemanaged to decimate the star-crossed Talbot family. Harry’s sworn to protect the survivors and end the curse—something that can only be accomplished if he can convince them to take refuge in what amounts to a supernatural fortress. And if the ancient guardian spirit he’s summoned doesn’t kill him first…and if the local cops don’t toss him into a jail cell…
JIM BUTCHER’S DRESDEN FILES: GHOUL GOBLIN #4 (OF 6) • Written by Jim Butcher and Mark Powers • Art by Joseph Cooper • Cover by Ardian Syaf

Available now at Comixology and comic stores everywhere!

Check out our preview, below.
Click image for larger version

Name:	GhoulGoblin04-1.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	737.4 KB
ID:	106052Click image for larger version

Name:	GhoulGoblin04-2.jpg
Views:	485
Size:	697.7 KB
ID:	106053Click image for larger version

Name:	GhoulGoblin04-3.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	711.2 KB
ID:	106054Click image for larger version

Name:	GhoulGoblin04-4.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	661.0 KB
ID:	106055Click image for larger version

Name:	GhoulGoblin04-5.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	633.7 KB
ID:	106056
Old 05-20-2013, 12:51 PM   #2009
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
I finally ...

1. ... purchased the first book from Codex Alera, but have no idea when I'm going to read it. RL has sucked the reading time right out of me.

2. ... found a store selling the Dresden Files graphic novels. I wanted to see them in person. They were very pricy, though.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 01:25 PM   #2010
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool stuff...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
1. ... purchased the first book from Codex Alera, but have no idea when I'm going to read it. RL has sucked the reading time right out of me.

2. ... found a store selling the Dresden Files graphic novels. I wanted to see them in person. They were very pricy, though.
Am I dense this morning? My poor overtaxed brain can't seem to attach a meaning to 'RL'?!?

I remember reading Furies of Calderon after pretty much forcing myself to start reading it. When I was through reading it I then read the remaining five books back to back and was sorry that it was over when I was done. Who knew?!

Me and graphic novels don't play well together at all, but in the past I have checked some out and found Comixology to be economical. Or you could try Comic Shop Locator.

Tags
fantasy series, magic, supernatural, the dresden files, urban fantasy