Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 06-17-2011, 08:58 PM   #1
JBE
JBE began at the beginning.

Device: Sony eReader, iPhone
Saying Hi to get started

I'm a Sony eReader owner PRS600 for almost 2 years. My reader has started to be glitchy - page button, back or forward, starts flipping all the pages, non-stop. Only way to stop it is to get out of the book completely. Bummer if you haven't noticed what page you were on.

Anyway - checked repairs/replace - not worth it. So am looking at the Nook or Kobo. The Nook seems to have some nice features and is only $10 more than the Kobo, and where I live Barnes and Noble is still hanging on while Borders is dying a slow death. Any suggestions regarding the devices? The Nook seems to have more memory, longer battery life, etc. but I really like my Borders library. Any comments?

Thanks
JBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 10:14 PM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi JBE and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2011, 06:28 AM   #3
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your company, JBE. Whatever device you opt for, happy e-reading and very best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 08:17 AM   #4
JBE
JBE began at the beginning.

Device: Sony eReader, iPhone
thanks for the welcome. "Grand Wizard??" smile
JBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 12:01 AM   #5
hughes
Addict
hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Galaxy Nexus, iPad 1
Hi JBE, welcome to MobileRead!
hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert