Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-28-2008, 09:55 AM   #1
vitto
vitto began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505; Kindle 2
Unhappy How can I buy ebooks from Sony Connect without a USA Credit Card?

Folks, I have a ebook reader 505 from Sony and I have un issue regarding that I am not from USA!!

I do not have a local credit card in the USA, I have an international one. But in the Sony Connect Book store they only accept USA credits cards.

Does someone have the same issue? Who did you solve it?

I would like to buy ebook from the Sony store using my credit card or my PayPal account.

I tried to by a Gift Card at Boarders, but also there I need a Credit Card from the United States.

Thanks in advance for your help.
vitto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 10:55 AM   #2
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
If you have a friend in the US, they can purchase gift cards, which you can use. Check this site's marketplace section. Specific thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...t=18444&page=2

Last edited by Taylor514ce; 03-28-2008 at 10:57 AM.
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2008, 02:35 PM   #3
Rick C
Seeker
Rick C has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rick C has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rick C has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rick C has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505
There are people on this website who are kind enough to pick up Sony giftcards for people on the forum

The Sony store also takes pre-paid credit cards that can be bought all over the States. You would probably have to get someone to buy it for you state side as well.

You can also use any number of conversion tools on this site to make your own .lrf sony ereader files.
Rick C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 08:03 PM   #4
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
That doesn't work with most banks as they expect the provided address to match the one in their files.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote