Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 05-29-2010, 09:01 PM   #1
rushkk
Edge User

Wifi act strangely

Hi there
Finally, I got my EE. But I have a problem. My WiFi act strangely. Sometime it can connect to my wireless, another time it was not. The WiFi menu in EE was grey out even when WiFi switch is on. I check my network with my PC and it was fine. please help.

Old 05-29-2010, 09:27 PM   #2
borisb
Edge User

First thing to do is make sure you have the latest updates installed (see https://www.entourageedge.com/suppor...barticleid=100). Remember that the download takes a while and requires you to actually install it once the download is complete (i.e., when a notification appears at the top of the LCD side).

I checked the Support section on the enTourage website (searched for "wifi") and at this point none of the articles seem to address your issue. Some users in the past have suggested interference problems with other devices (like cordless phones and microwaves), but if your PC consistently connects okay, then it doesn't sound like interference.

If you have the latest update, and the problem persists, you should contact Tech Support for further assistance.

Advert
Old 05-29-2010, 09:33 PM   #3
rushkk
Edge User

yes, I've just update the lastest coyote 0.8 two days ago.

Old 05-29-2010, 10:11 PM   #4
borisb
Edge User

In that case, contact Tech Support. Please post the results in this thread so that what works for you can help others

Old 05-29-2010, 10:19 PM   #5
eberhardt333
Edge User

This is not about wifi, but I thought it might be a good place to ask the question since it deals with internet. I bought the ethernet connector so I had the ability to use the internet where there wasn't wifi occasionally, but I can't get it to work. Does anyone know what needs to be done? Or is there some information you have to program in? Thanks.

Advert
Old 05-29-2010, 10:26 PM   #6
borisb
Edge User

eberhardt333 - it would be better if you started a new thread for the usb ethernet connector...

Old 05-30-2010, 01:49 AM   #7
rushkk
Edge User

I'd like to follow up my case. I was then opened and closed the EE several times and re-switching on and off the Wifi switch. Then it worked again just a couple of hour ago. I'd like to know how long it going to last and to see how it behave the next time I close and open the EE. It really strange I can tell. Will follow.

Old 05-30-2010, 06:33 AM   #8
robot
Edge User

I also have some problems with wifi afer installing Coyot update. Currently they investigate it. So contact tech support and give them as much info as you can.

Old 05-30-2010, 08:57 AM   #9
borisb
Edge User

Sometimes after resuming from "sleep" mode, the wireless fails to reconnect even after about a minute. The old trick of turning off the hardware switch, waiting 30 seconds, then turning it back on always makes the wifi reconnect for me.

Old 06-09-2010, 05:01 PM   #10
mduijkers
Edge User

my edge has the same problem

My edge has the same problem. regularly its not possible to start wifi after standby. Rebooting does not do it for me. Switching the physical wifi slider on the top of the edge to off and back did the trick for me. Plus the strange thing is .. Wifi icon is white but should be green filled.

mike