Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 10-11-2010, 01:18 AM   #1
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I almost hate to do this ...

The long awaited (by me anyway) release of Jim Butcher's collection of Dresden Files short stories, titled Side Jobs, has been announced for October 26th. I hesitated because the Kindle version will be priced at $12.99, which I am not happy with. But, it's $1.01 cheaper than the hardback and will be available the same day.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 07:46 AM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
The new Stephen Hawkings book, The Grand Design was initially $15.95 for either the Kindle or Sony version so I waited a few weeks and it dropped to $9.99.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2010, 08:23 AM   #3
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
Could be Washington: A Life or Fall of Giants, bargain priced at $19.99 for your reading pleasure .
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 02:19 PM   #4
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
As much as I can tell you want those stories, if you want the ebook, try to wait a bit. Good chance they'll come down significantly in price if you can hold out.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 02:34 PM   #5
NormHart
Semper Carpe Bufo
NormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle2 & Kindle3
"Penguin Publishing
This price was set by the publisher"

This is the new price point that many Science Fiction Publishers are trying to get. Macmillian/TOR are asking the same. I'm not buying.

That has worked to my advantage to date since there was a Weber ebook that I would normally have bought that came out at that price and the reviews were so abysmal that I've thanked my lucky stars that I did not buy it. On the other side of that coin I found a new author who is releasing his podcast series as ebooks starting at under $4.00. Massively good read! http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...w_myk_ro_title

His next is due out this month and I'm on the edge of my seat.

Silly Publishers
NormHart is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2010, 03:28 PM   #6
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Here's an example of weirdness, too. Jim Butcher's Small Favor is $8.99 in the US Kindle edition but $7.99 for Canadian Kindle edition -- a sort of reverse Whispernet Tax.

Thanks for the heads up in post 5 about Nathan Lowell's Quarter Share, btw ... what a fantastic sounding read. The Kobo edition is about the same price.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 03:33 PM   #7
NormHart
Semper Carpe Bufo
NormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle2 & Kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensualPoet View Post
Thanks for the heads up in post 5 about Nathan Lowell's Quarter Share, btw ... what a fantastic sounding read. The Kobo edition is about the same price.
Not a single person gets shot. No war, no gratuitous violence. Good old fashioned Space Opera.

I should mention that it is infected with DRM.

Last edited by NormHart; 10-11-2010 at 03:47 PM.
NormHart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 03:35 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Do what I am going to do. I'll be getting Side Jobs from the library as an eBook for free. So take that you damn dirty apes er damn dirty Agency 5.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 08:32 PM   #9
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
Ridan Publishing is currently my favorite indie publisher. I'll buy just about anything they put out. Good clean fun.

I see they're on SmashWords now, which really makes me happy.

Useless fact #1234324: Time Cavern was originally self published on LuLu around the same time Jeremy Robinson was making a big name for himself.
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 09:07 PM   #10
Krittika Goyal
Vox calibre
Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony reader prs700, kobo
@jaxx6166: are all the ebooks at Ridan publishing DRM free?
Krittika Goyal is offline   Reply With Quote