Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-23-2011, 05:40 PM   #1
joycedb
Guru
joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Any computer whiz onboard?

Help! I'm calling on my online friends to see if anyone knows why I can't send attachments anymore. You know the window that pops up where you pick which file or jpeg you want to attach? Well, I click the file I want and it shows up in the first line of the box. But when I move to the next line where you choose in what form you want it sent (jpeg, doc, etc.) it's blank. There's nothing to choose from. Also the file name itself changes when I select and put it in the first line by adding "lnk" at the end. That's something new. It usually just says docx. I have Word by the way.

Anyone have any advice for me? I'm going to put this in other threads that I frequent too in case someone there knows the answer. Thanks.

Joyce
joycedb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 05:44 PM   #2
CazMar
Book Geek
CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Asus MemPad 7" tablet, Nexus 5, Asus 10" tablet
Firstly, what program are you using for your email? It sounds like an online service like Hotmail or GMail. I presume you are using a PC (not a Mac?).
CazMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-24-2011, 04:42 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by joycedb View Post
Anyone have any advice for me? I'm going to put this in other threads that I frequent too in case someone there knows the answer. Thanks.

Joyce
Please don't post the same thing in multiple threads. It's against the rules, and it annoys people .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 08:52 AM   #4
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
Could there be something wrong with the file your selecting to attach? If the program can't recognize the file type, if it is not one of the allowed types, or if is corrupted in some way it might give you a problem.
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 09:15 AM   #5
joycedb
Guru
joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cazmar, I'm using my Hotmail account. I've never had a problem sending attachments from there before.

HarryT, sorry, I didn't mean to say threads. I meant other forums on other websites.

dsvick, it's the same no matter which file I try to attach.

Any ideas anyone?

Joyce
Advert
Old 01-24-2011, 11:12 AM   #6
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
Try going into settings from somewhere in Gmail, choose the General tab, and at the bottom of the page you should see
Quote:
Attachments:
Advanced attachment features - See progress bars when attaching files to messages and attach multiple files at once. Requires flash. Learn more
Basic attachment features - Attach one file at a time and don't show progress bars.
with a radio button to choose one option or the other. Make sure Advanced features is selected.
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 02:32 PM   #7
joycedb
Guru

Thank you to all who responded, even the person who sent a private message. I think I solved my problem for the time being--until something else goes haywire. Again, thanks.

Joyce
Old 01-24-2011, 03:56 PM   #8
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
Quote:
Originally Posted by joycedb View Post
Thank you to all who responded, even the person who sent a private message. I think I solved my problem for the time being--until something else goes haywire. Again, thanks.

Joyce
Glad to hear you got it figured out!!

For future reference, what was it?
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote