Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-23-2008, 10:53 AM   #1
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Paperwhite 1, iPad, iPhone
Calibre recipe Question

Ok, I'm trying to figure this one out. I have an atom feed:

http://www.americanpapist.com/atom.xml

It contains all of the content I want, as the post content is in the XML. But when I use feeds2html it tries to parse the links and go to the actual posts, which results in an attempt to download all the images, etc.

I know I can parse out some of that in the recipe, but it seems pointless if the content I want is in the XML. Plus, this particular blog has lots of weird HTML and it's been a pain to get to look the way I want.

Is there a way to tell the recipe not to traverse links?
astrodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 11:05 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
use_embedded_content = True
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2008, 12:37 PM   #3
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Perfect! I will have to separate out some of these blogs I subscribe to, but that works great. Thanks!
Old 05-23-2008, 01:05 PM   #4
astrodad
Guru

One more question for you guys. This feed is giving me a hard time. I see the embedded content but when I run it through with the parameter you specified, I don't get any content at all, just the dates of the posts:

http://markshea.blogspot.com/atom.xml