Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-13-2013, 06:07 AM   #1
DragonflyKing
Enthusiast
DragonflyKing can eat soup with a fork.DragonflyKing can eat soup with a fork.DragonflyKing can eat soup with a fork.DragonflyKing can eat soup with a fork.DragonflyKing can eat soup with a fork.DragonflyKing can eat soup with a fork.DragonflyKing can eat soup with a fork.DragonflyKing can eat soup with a fork.DragonflyKing can eat soup with a fork.DragonflyKing can eat soup with a fork.DragonflyKing can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kobo Touch
Kobo Desktop Updates - Please offer me different books

Kobo Desktop has been offering me the same books for over a year. If they haven't peaked my interest by now then surely it is obvious that I am not interested in these books and maybe I would be interested in others.

When I first open Kobo Desktop there looks like some very interesting books on offer for about half a second - then KD loads the same old books that I have been looking at for the past year.

Please Kobo, shuffle and replace the books on offer in my desktop on a regular basis to keep me interested.
DragonflyKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 07:33 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
You can tell Kobo you aren't interested in a book. Put the cursor over the book. A description of the book comes up. In the bottom right corner, there is a link "Not interested". Click that and the book goes away.

If it is a book you have read, you can rate the book. I think that dismisses the book, but not immediately.

But, I agree that there should be a way to scroll through the list of recommendations. And replacing them after a few shows would be a good idea as well.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2013, 11:45 AM   #3
Anak
Fanatic
Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
You can tell Kobo you aren't interested in a book. Put the cursor over the book. A description of the book comes up. In the bottom right corner, there is a link "Not interested". Click that and the book goes away.
True, but that doesn't stop Kobo from offering that book again and again.
Anak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 02:06 PM   #4
mr_nihilism
Always been the caretaker
mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, PW2
Sometimes Kobo is quick to get the not so subtle hint that you're not interested. Other times the company just thinks you're kidding around and playing hard to get and you'll succumb to it's advances eventually.
mr_nihilism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 11:28 PM   #5
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Wouldn't it be a nice idea if they presented the user with a list of genres and let them make some initial settings in order to help the purchase tracking get a leg up on what the user likes? Or did they, it's been a while since I set up a Kobo device? Also, I haven't really bought much from Kobo, so sparse data when it comes to me for them.

It almost makes me wonder that somehow the tracking software is reacting to the suggestions and reinforcing whatever they've suggested because you click on them to dismiss them, or something similar.
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert