Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-01-2012, 08:21 PM   #1
osmith
osmith began at the beginning.

Device: Sony
Mom gave me her reader

I have a Sony reader that I use often. My kids have started using it a ton too so my mother gave me hers which she doesn't use. When I connected it to my computer and tried to transfer a book from my library onto the "new" reader I got the message "This eBook cannot be transferred because the Reader is authorized to another user". Ho do I get past this? Do I need some sort of user information from my mother? Do I need to re-register it? Any help would be appreciated.
osmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:06 PM   #2
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by osmith View Post
I have a Sony reader that I use often. My kids have started using it a ton too so my mother gave me hers which she doesn't use. When I connected it to my computer and tried to transfer a book from my library onto the "new" reader I got the message "This eBook cannot be transferred because the Reader is authorized to another user". Ho do I get past this? Do I need some sort of user information from my mother? Do I need to re-register it? Any help would be appreciated.
Easiest is to get your mother to deauthorise then authorise it to your account... if you can't get it deauthorised then a factory reset will do the same thing and just authorise to your account...
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2012, 02:46 AM   #3
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Or you could google Apprentice Alf to learn ways of dealing with the DRM defilement which is causing the problem.
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:37 PM   #4
osmith

How does she deauthorize it and authorize it to my account? She's even less computer savvy than I am (and that's saying something)
Old 10-03-2012, 09:04 AM   #5
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Just do a factory reset and everything currently on the reader will be wiped including her registration. Then you can start from scratch as it you had bought a new unit....
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2012, 07:29 AM   #6
osmith

Excellent. That worked. Thanks for your help!