Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-26-2011, 01:58 PM   #1
carandol
Evangelist
carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook
kobo annotation and non-Kobo files

I've just got a Kobo Touch, and have noticed that the Kobo's annotation tools don't work properly on epub files not downloaded from Kobo. I've loaded a lot of books on from my old reader using Calibre, and downloaded some from Feedbooks using the Kobo browser - with these files, I can highlight a word and then look it up in the dictionary or search for the word, but I don't get the little "handles" to extend the highlighting or add notes. These tools only seem to appear for books downloaded from Kobo. The manual says the tools don't work on PDFs, but doesn't say they only work on "official" Kobo files. Anyone else noticed this, and know a way round it? It's rather annoying to find that one of the most useful tools on the Kobo doesn't work on any of my existing ebooks!
carandol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 02:54 PM   #2
Suzanna
Living in the past
Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Arc
Have you updated to the latest firmware (1.9.14) that was released a couple of days ago? I can confirm that annotations (and multiple bookmarks!) now work on non-Kobo books on the Touch.
Suzanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2011, 03:15 PM   #3
carandol
Evangelist
carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook
Oo, no I hadn't! Thanks! :-)
carandol is offline   Reply With Quote