Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-21-2008, 04:06 PM   #1
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
Calibre Will not Send book to Device

Last night I finally update to Calibre 4.85. I've created both a LRF file from .PRC & LRF file from .Lit and I'm getting "error communicating with device" when i hit Send to Device. Calibre created both files because I'm able to load them via the Sony software while I get the below error messages when i try through Calibre.

Job: Upload 1 books to device:Hot City Nights
ValueError: The reader has no storage card connected.
Traceback:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\gui2\device.pyo", line 20, in run
File "calibre\gui2\device.pyo", line 141, in _upload_books
File "calibre\devices\prs505\driver.pyo", line 403, in upload_books

Job: Upload 1 books to device:Giving Chase
Traceback:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\gui2\device.pyo", line 20, in run
File "calibre\gui2\device.pyo", line 141, in _upload_books
File "calibre\devices\prs505\driver.pyo", line 403, in upload_books

Last edited by Lilly; 09-21-2008 at 04:16 PM.
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 04:23 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Are you trying to send to device (main memory) or the storage card?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 04:30 PM   #3
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Are you trying to send to device (main memory) or the storage card?
To main memory. I dont keep enough books on the device so I dont use a memory card or stick. I have the Sony grey dummy cards in both slot. I did not have this problem with my previous version, but I have not updated since you changed the name.
Old 09-21-2008, 05:13 PM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
To main memory. I dont keep enough books on the device so I dont use a memory card or stick. I have the Sony grey dummy cards in both slot. I did not have this problem with my previous version, but I have not updated since you changed the name.
MAke sure you have it set to send to the main memory rather than memory card. Somewhere in the beta the default got changed.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 06:15 PM   #5
Lilly
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
MAke sure you have it set to send to the main memory rather than memory card. Somewhere in the beta the default got changed.

BOb
That's it. It's fixed!