Notices

Old 02-06-2011, 12:02 PM   #1
Moik
Member Retired
Moik began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Print as ebook

Hi,

I am using FreePDF to simulate a Printer and print anything as pdf file. For example websites. Now I was wondering if something like this exists for eBooks?
I've also been thinking that it would be awesome to have a button in Firefox and whenever I see an interesting article I press it, it converts to ebook and emails it to my Kindle email-address!

Does anybody know something like this?
Moik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 12:59 PM   #2
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
Yes - the Send to Kindle app using the Chrome web browser. Very good indeed and emails a kindle formatted file to your kindle:

http://www.kinworm.com/2011/01/save-...chrome_22.html
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 06:22 PM   #3
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass
mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2nd hand paperback
I use this http://web2fb2.net/ and then convert that to mobi. Probably a bit more long winded, but it also means you can delete the bits you don't want with Sigil before converting.
mr ploppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 06:57 PM   #4
kranu
I <3 my Kindle
kranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
Instapaper can do this. You can configure it to email all of your articles to your Kindle every day or week (or you can manually send them immediately)

Instapaper works for all browsers with a bookmarklet, but if you're using Google Chrome, I recommend that you use ChromeToPaper.
kranu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 04:44 PM   #5
Moik
Member Retired
Moik began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
That ChromeApp sounds awesome. I am using Firefox though. Isn't there something comparable?
Moik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 06:06 PM   #6
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
What I recently did in Firefox was to use the Scrapbook add-on. It captures a page and can capture a few levels below the main page, kind of like a web-spider. Then I dragged the main file, it was Index.html to Calibre and it created a "zip book" and then converted that to mobi for my k3. A bit more convoluted but it can navigate down a link or two below the main page. I was able to capture/create a mobi book (I also used calibre to create pdf) of a manual for my USRobotics usb-modem-fax thingie which did not have a manual or pdf file - only a series of html links.
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 12:54 AM   #7
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moik View Post
That ChromeApp sounds awesome. I am using Firefox though. Isn't there something comparable?
FF2s suggestion is interesting. But I'm too lazy (to be fair, time is a luxury for me) to go through so many steps if there's a quick option!

But I haven't found anything for FireFox yet which is comparable with the Chome app for ease of use.

For quickness, reliability and quality - the Chrome app comes out top for me and I have tried a lot of options including instapaper which I'm afraid I did not get on with. Maybe I need to try it again some time as I did test it a while back.

I prefer Firefox for browsing but it is so simple to open up the Chrome browser and paste in the URL of a web page you want to read - so this is what I do. It never has to be an either/or issue
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 10:19 AM   #8
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
My problem with the Chrome browser was the download - well, rather the too lengthy "terms" and I could not tell if somewhere in there I was granting google the rights to my first born or my earthly remains or maybe even my current body for laboratory experimentation! I'm sure they have a truck in my neighborhood trying to get a photo of my house without leaves on the trees!
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote