Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 03:25 PM   #1
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Problem reports

Maybe we should have a thread reporting problems.

I have got "reboots" for some documents (one pdf and two prc). If I go to the demo "Star Trek the Next Generation: The Sky is the Limit" and page forward it "reboots" at page four.
Old 11-05-2007, 03:44 PM   #2
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I just noticed that the problem occur with the font family Liberation Serif. With Verdana it works

I used: https://www.redhat.com/f/fonts/liber...s-ttf-3.tar.gz
Old 11-05-2007, 03:44 PM   #3
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
Maybe we should have a thread reporting problems.

I have got "reboots" for some documents (one pdf and two prc). If I go to the demo "Star Trek the Next Generation: The Sky is the Limit" and page forward it "reboots" at page four.
Interesting. Is that reproducible? Has it been rebooting every time you get to page four?
Old 11-05-2007, 03:49 PM   #4
tompe
Grand Sorcerer

With Liberation Serif it happens every time so it should be easy to debug for the firmware programmers. And it is a fast "reboot" since it starts with the image of the Cybook with three circles to the left and only takes a couple of seconds.
Old 11-05-2007, 03:57 PM   #5
Ortep
Fanatic
Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Yes it is reproducible. I managed to do it also
Old 11-05-2007, 04:24 PM   #6
jbenny
Addict
jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Tablet PC and Nokia N800
Quote:
With Liberation Serif it happens every time so it should be easy to debug for the firmware programmers. And it is a fast "reboot" since it starts with the image of the Cybook with three circles to the left and only takes a couple of seconds.
Is that a TrueType or OpenType font? Where did you get it? Have you tried other fonts? It may possibly be due to something unusual about that particular font.
Old 11-05-2007, 04:44 PM   #7
tompe
Grand Sorcerer

Now I tried to add all urwfonts-1.41 (10M) and now it reboots when I try to change font family. The font handling does not seem to be tested and debugged so much...

I removed some fonts and with Garamond 8 it worked so it is problablu the iberation font that is different in some way.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:00 AM   #8
tcmoon
Connoisseur
tcmoon is on a distinguished road

Device: slate pc
dont know how to get it recognized as a reading device? It shows up as a storage device and when I transfer a mobipocket from the library it comes up as book not active. Any help would be great.

Thanks,
Tom
Old 11-06-2007, 07:50 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Have you reported it to Bookeen?
Old 11-06-2007, 07:52 AM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcmoon View Post
dont know how to get it recognized as a reading device? It shows up as a storage device and when I transfer a mobipocket from the library it comes up as book not active. Any help would be great.

Thanks,
Tom
Are you talking about using the Windows Mobipocket Desktop Reader? Have you installed the beta v6.1? That's the only version that currently supports the CyBook. Probably best to wait until it's officially released - just add the Mobipocket ID of the Gen3 (shown in the "About" menu) to the web site of the bookstore you bought the book from and re-download, then manually copy the book to the Gen3.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:55 AM   #11
tompe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Have you reported it to Bookeen?
No. Do they read this forum?

Have they started some bug reporting system where they track bugs and you get responses? I will try to report problems I find but was going to collect them first. I still have a reboot in a pdf document and a reboot when trying to open a document built with clit and mobigen. I also managed to hang the machine two times so I had to press reset.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:06 AM   #12
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

I know that they do read the forum on occasions, but it's probably best to report bugs to them; we can't expect them to fix bugs if they don't know about them .
Old 11-06-2007, 08:07 AM   #13
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Are you talking about using the Windows Mobipocket Desktop Reader? Have you installed the beta v6.1? That's the only version that currently supports the CyBook. Probably best to wait until it's officially released - just add the Mobipocket ID of the Gen3 (shown in the "About" menu) to the web site of the bookstore you bought the book from and re-download, then manually copy the book to the Gen3.
To follow up on this, I've just added the MobiPocket ID of my Gen3 to my account at Fictionwise, redownloaded a couple of the Mobi books I've previously bought with DRM, copied them to the Gen3 and they work fine.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:27 AM   #14
tompe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I know that they do read the forum on occasions, but it's probably best to report bugs to them; we can't expect them to fix bugs if they don't know about them .
OK. I just emailed contact@bookeen.com about this bug.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:34 AM   #15
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Excellent! They seem to answer mail sent to that address very promptly; I got a reply about the missing user manual in a couple of hours.
Closed Thread