Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 01-10-2006, 04:24 PM   #1
weave
weave began at the beginning.

Device: Toshiba e355 Pocket PC
Greetings

I have been lurking here for a few weeks and have enjoyed the mood and helpfulness of the crowd and I figure I'd go ahead and join up.

I currently have a Toshiba e355 Pocket PC which I mainly use to view text files and websites. In the past I had a Palm Vx (nice battery life!). Most of you seem to be Palm oriented, or so I believe from what I have read.

On my Pocket PC I use a program called Haali Reader to read Gutenberg or whatever textfile I come into. I like the ability to "zip" the files, which makes them very small (about a third of the original size, give or take) and read them from within the zip. It also can read Palm "doc" files, as well and has a few very nice reformatting options that help with 80 character line textfiles (that look like one long line, one short line...) and other such annoyances.

I was using Avantgo to get websites, but have grown increasingly frustrated at the slowness of their browser, the limited amount of content availible, glitches, etc... In an effort to become independant of outside aggregators I tried compiling a links page of "small sites" that I like and then pointing a web ripping utility called HTTrack Website Copier to my links and watch it go. So far, so good. It takes a bit longer for a site to download, but it seems that once I get a site set up it runs like a champ.

Anyway, as I browse your posts I see how most of you really seem to be getting the most from your PDA's and I am trying to glean from you how to better utilize my PDA and share whatever I can when appropriate.

Thanks for the invite to your community!
weave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 04:27 PM   #2
Pride Of Lions
just kinda geeky
Pride Of Lions began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
Welcome weave. I hope you get as much from MobileRead as I've gotten over the years.
Pride Of Lions is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2006, 05:04 PM   #3
doctorow
Guru
doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
You should definitely try the free Sunrise + Vade Mecum combo on your Pocket PC for viewing Plucker/text files.

Anyways, welcome to Mobileread!
doctorow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 04:34 AM   #4
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
welcome
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 01:27 PM   #5
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Hello and welcome to MR!!!
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2010, 04:37 AM   #6
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your company, Weave. Best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 06:23 AM   #7
Almas
Addict
Almas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle Touch; Sony PRS-600
Hi and welcome to MR!
Almas is offline   Reply With Quote