Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 04-14-2010, 08:50 PM   #1
educator
Edge User

Exclamation MP4 Video

When trying to play MP4 videos on my eDGe I get different results with several files. Sometimes I get a blank screen with only audio, perfect video scrambled audio, when I rotate the screen to landscape the video turns scrambled and green pixles through out the screen.

Anyone else have similar problems? Is it the video or the eDGe? All video's were done with the same encoder. Also might I add the videos play fine on my G1 phone.

Old 04-15-2010, 09:36 AM   #2
kenjennings
Edge User

There's a thread going here on video specification: http://www.entourageedge.com/forums/...encoding-video

I don't think problems are specific to the edge. I've found similar questions and concerns on forums generally for Android. Android is picky about the video format and dimensions.

In my limited experiments this week offset color images seem to be related to videos where the dimensions are not multiples of 16.

In the thread linked above there's mention of another site with scripts that correctly encode for Android using mencoder/ffmpeg. The videos I get from that procedure display fine on the edge. But, right now I'm trying to figure out why the audio is noticeably out of sync.

Last edited by kenjennings; 04-15-2010 at 11:28 AM.

Advert