Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-26-2012, 05:05 PM   #1
KGS
KGS began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
possible features questions

i recently got a kindle touch and got it jailbroken and so on (thanks for the user-friendly interface)
so now I am wandering whether these exist for my device:
  • a working notepad app (the one in the sticky does not seem to work on KT)
  • the possibility of making my display to autmatically go to landscape mode when i start writing a note in some book and then to return back to portrait when i finish it
  • the possibility of nesting collections into one another(eg.: Philospohy/ Nietzsche/books by him) )

also my kindle came in with SO so did i get this right: even after disabling them i can only use the last method for custom screensavers in the wiki
KGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 05:44 PM   #2
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by KGS View Post
the possibility of nesting collections into one another(eg.: Philospohy/ Nietzsche/books by him) )
Not with the default User interface. However, the backend supports nesting collections (you can even create infinite recursive nestings, i.e. A inside B inside A inside B inside A.... )
I'm working on a GUI application to manage the collections, but it's not complete yet. It will allow to do just what you asked for, and more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KGS View Post
also my kindle came in with SO so did i get this right: even after disabling them i can only use the last method for custom screensavers in the wiki
Yes. Only the simple one works with new firmwares.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-26-2012, 06:02 PM   #3
flashmozzg
Enthusiast
flashmozzg can extract oil from cheeseflashmozzg can extract oil from cheeseflashmozzg can extract oil from cheeseflashmozzg can extract oil from cheeseflashmozzg can extract oil from cheeseflashmozzg can extract oil from cheeseflashmozzg can extract oil from cheeseflashmozzg can extract oil from cheese

I used Jbpatch to disable ads, the simpliest one.
flashmozzg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 02:31 AM   #4
KGS
KGS began at the beginning.

ok, thanks for the info, i guess I'll wait for you to finish the application
about the second point, I am not really familiar with linux, but i know a bit about scripting, wouldn't it be as simple as simple as feeding the device the code for landscape mode when the note option is pressed, and the code for portrait mode when it is existed... (i am mostly guessing here)
KGS is offline   Reply With Quote