Notices

Old 04-26-2020, 04:44 PM   #1
hopla
hopla began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Arrow Sharing quotes in Goodreads for sideloaded books

Hey guys I have a question which I posted over here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=329260

but seems like nobody answers to that, so I would like to ask the people here and hopefully I would have more luck. I feel genuinely bad for duplicating the question, but dont know what would be the right procedure. Of course I respect the rules here, so please let me know if I should act differently.

Let me copy the question:

Hi guys,

desperate for help here. Is there a way to share some quotations from my sideloaded books to Goodreads or Facebook. As far as I know Facebook is not possible any more, but GoodReads could be possible, however I cannot understand how to do it.

I already looked at this:
https://ebooks.stackexchange.com/que...dle-paperwhite

but it doesnt work for me. Is there anybody who could give me an advice?

Thanks,
Victor

P.S.: i didnt seem to find any recent relevant posts here on this topic. Please correct me if I am wrong.
hopla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 08:21 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I replied to your post in another thread, but, I'll add it here as well.

To the best of my knowledge, the answer no. The Goodreads Sync plugin can sync shelves and reading progress between calibre and Goodreads. It can also set a review. It doesn't do quotes. From memory, the request has been made before and I had a look at it. And if I remember correctly, the GR API doesn't have this as a function. Even with an API, it would be a reasonable amount of work to implement. It is also not something that I am personally interested in. As such, it isn't something I have an interest in implementing, but, if someone was, I would be happy to help.

Note: I am not the original author of the Goodreads Sync plugin. But, I have been maintaining it as necessary for the last few years.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-27-2020, 06:31 AM   #3
hopla
hopla began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Thanks for your answer. It is possible for regular Kindle books, so technically it is possible. Its just that the sideloaded content doesnt do so. As you may have checked the link above(or here) some have reached that functionality by amazon asins and the Quality Check plugin.

I must be doing something wrong...

Last edited by hopla; 04-27-2020 at 06:34 AM.
hopla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 07:19 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopla View Post
Thanks for your answer. It is possible for regular Kindle books, so technically it is possible. Its just that the sideloaded content doesnt do so. As you may have checked the link above(or here) some have reached that functionality by amazon asins and the Quality Check plugin.

I must be doing something wrong...
Firstly, the links in this and the top posts are broken. It was correct in your other post.

It is possible for books purchased from Amazon on Kindles because it is all inside the Amazon ecosystem. The Kindle, the books, the server and Goodreads are all owned by Amazon and they have implemented everything.

But it means that I didn't understand your question. You are asking to do that for sideloaded books on the device. And that I have no idea. I don't use a Kindle and have no interest in sharing quotes like that.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 06:46 AM   #5
Penny_Dreadful
She/Her
Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.Penny_Dreadful is my North, my South, my East and West.

Device: Kindle PW5 (G001PX) PW3 PW1
I don't know if it will help with this issue but it's worth a try. You can trick a Kindle into thinking a sideloaded ebook is a real Kindle ebook by adding the matching ASIN to the id field in Calibre then use the Quality Check Plugin to add the ASIN to the AZW3 Format ebook "Fix > Fix ASIN for Kindle Fire" or convert the book to KFX. I use this all the time to make my sideloaded ebooks be able to use other Goodreads tools.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-05-02 18_39_42-calibre - __ Fiction __.png
Views:	233
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	178998  
Penny_Dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert