Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-03-2009, 08:25 AM   #1
MetaEbooks
Connoisseur
MetaEbooks has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MetaEbooks has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MetaEbooks has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MetaEbooks has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MetaEbooks has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: none
free on kindle: Unleashing the Power of Rubber Bands

Unleashing the Power of Rubber Bands
by Nancy Ortberg
Sales rank: #80 in Kindle Store
4.7 out of 5 (6 customer reviews)
Listprice: USD 15.99
Kindle USA Price: 0.00
MetaEbooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:00 AM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetaEbooks View Post
Unleashing the Power of Rubber Bands
by Nancy Ortberg
Sales rank: #80 in Kindle Store
4.7 out of 5 (6 customer reviews)
Listprice: USD 15.99
Kindle USA Price: 0.00

Thanks for the information on this Freebie.

However, am I the only one who would REALLY, REALLY like to read a book about the literal power of rubber bands and the roles they play in our lives? --- as opposed to rubber bands who are leaders?

This could be a very funny title if it actually concentrated on the uses and abuses of rubber bands. (I was one of those individuals who always liked to pop a rubber band on someone's arm. It didn't win me very many friends....)

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2009, 11:16 AM   #3
jinlo
aka coco jinlo
jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just purchased Sony 505, but alas, it is for the wife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
This could be a very funny title if it actually concentrated on the uses and abuses of rubber bands. (I was one of those individuals who always liked to pop a rubber band on someone's arm. It didn't win me very many friends....)
Don
If the person could not take the stinging pain and the residual welt, then you probably wouldn't want them for a friend anyway. Now if you shot them in the eye with a rubber band from a hastily made ruler rifle, then I could understand their avoidance of you.
jinlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 11:34 AM   #4
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
I thought is was actually about rubber bands. I'm not joking But I did think it was a little odd.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 12:05 PM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ea View Post
I thought is was actually about rubber bands. I'm not joking But I did think it was a little odd.

Actually, the reason I made fun of this is that I, too, thought it was really about rubber bands and the role our rubber friends have played in history.

I'm not joking!

Don
Advert
Old 11-03-2009, 03:20 PM   #6
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ea View Post
Yep, me too. I actually thought it was about crafts with rubber bands..

Free on Sony site also..
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 03:26 PM   #7
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Good to know I'm not alone
A short précis might have been a good idea, given the title.
Old 11-03-2009, 03:54 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I'd rather read about rubber bands then rubber leaders.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 04:12 PM   #9
jinlo
aka coco jinlo
jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just purchased Sony 505, but alas, it is for the wife
Some potentially good elastic leaders:

The Elongated Man
Gumby
Stretch Armstrong
Plastic man
Gummi Bears
Nadia Comaneci
jinlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 04:15 PM   #10
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinlo View Post
Some potentially good elastic leaders:

The Elongated Man
Gumby
Stretch Armstrong
Plastic man
Gummi Bears
Nadia Comaneci
Don't forget Reed Richards, of The Fantastic Four - if memory serves me correctly?

...or Al Gore.

Don
Old 11-03-2009, 04:28 PM   #11
Ea
Wizard

.. or The Rubberbandman - courtesy of Yello (Youtube link)
Old 11-04-2009, 02:44 AM   #12
Xia
Zealot
Xia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 1 (x2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Actually, the reason I made fun of this is that I, too, thought it was really about rubber bands and the role our rubber friends have played in history.

I'm not joking!

Don
You mean it's NOT about Rubber Bands?!

Well ... Now I really have the need to know about REAL Rubber Bands. <gripe>
Xia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 02:47 AM   #13
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Bah! Who wants to read about stupid leaders? Give me Rubber bands! I would so buy THAT book!
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 06:38 AM   #14
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
Bah! Who wants to read about stupid leaders? Give me Rubber bands! I would so buy THAT book!
Any book on rubber bands is exciting and does make for good conversation.

Leaders?!! - BAH!

Don

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 11-04-2009 at 06:50 AM.