Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 05-13-2010, 01:04 AM   #1
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
HarperCollins: Angus & Robertson e-book store opening next week

Hey,
I received the following response in regard to my recent pain in trying to get hold of a e-copy of The Hobbit here in Australia:

--SNIP--
From next week on, you should be able to buy Tolkien titles in the epub format that the Sony Reader uses. We have made e-books of Tolkien’s works available, but right now they are only in the Kindle Store in Australia as other Australian retailers have yet to launch their e-book stores. I am glad to be able to tell you that Angus & Robertson are launching their e-book store next Wednesday and that the titles you seek will be available there.

HarperCollins Australia doesn’t sell e-books direct to the public at present, as you have seen, although this may change in the future. Other Australian book retailers should be launching e-book stores this year and we will supply them with any epub titles we have.

Here is a list of the titles and ISBNs of Tolkien e-books that you should be able to purchase in epub format from next week:

Tales From the Perilous Realm: Roverandom and Other Classic Faery Stories

The Children Of Hurin

The Hobbit

The Legend of Sigurd And Gudrun

The Return of the King

The Two Towers

Unfinished Tales: Of Numenor And Middle Earth

I hope this answers your email satisfactorily.

Regards,

Natalie Costa Bir

NATALIE COSTA BIR | DIGITAL EDITOR | HarperCollinsPublishers Australia
--SNIP--

Last edited by AprilHare; 05-13-2010 at 01:10 AM.
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 03:45 AM   #2
m-reader
Guru
m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Sony PRS-300. PRS-650, PRS-900, iPad2, Iconia A500, Irex Iliad (sold)
That a great news mate, karma on you!
m-reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2010, 03:46 AM   #3
tech_au
Oz Bookworm
tech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony PRS 505,PRS 650
As Angus & Robertson and Borders Australia are owned by the same company RED Group I expected as much. They will probably use the same ebookstore with their own tailored "window dressing" I expect.
tech_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 05:43 AM   #4
Blue Tyson
Blue Captain
Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G,Huawei Ideos X3,Kobo Mini
An informative reply from a publisher? Anyone seen blue moons or retrograde aviating porcines?

Well done, Ms Costa!

Blue Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 07:42 AM   #5
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m-reader View Post
That a great news mate, karma on you!
Thanks for the karma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Tyson View Post
An informative reply from a publisher? Anyone seen blue moons or retrograde aviating porcines?

Well done, Ms Costa!

Yes, praise her with great praise, verily.
But is it Miss or Mrs?.. Ms always leaves me feeling 'incomplete' on the issue.
Advert
Old 05-17-2010, 09:51 PM   #6
AprilHare
Wizard

I suppose I missed this a while back: http://bookbee.com.au/index.php/2010...n-and-borders/
Old 05-21-2010, 01:27 AM   #7
AprilHare
Wizard

I followed up this e-mail with A&R and got this response (couldn't get the books on Wednesday as promised by HarperCollins). As usual, my name is changed to protect the guilty (Me!):
"Angus & Robertson, May 21 09:28 am (EST):

Hi April,

Thank you for your email. At this stage I can confirm that Angus & Robertson Online store will be introducing ebooks for purchasing in approximately 3 weeks.

Please let me know if I can help you with anything else.

Kind Regards

Jackie
Angus & Robertson Online
Customer Service Team

April Hare, May 19 10:20 am (EST):

Customer Name: April Hare
Customer Email: --SNIP--
Order Number: #
Subject: Website-General customer services
I received the following correspondence last week from HarperCollins and am left wondering (after a search of your website this Wednesday morning) whether the ebooks mentioned will be available for sale from A&R in the near future: --SNIP--"