Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-08-2010, 08:00 AM   #1
sbin
Voracious reader
sbin is less competitive than you.sbin is less competitive than you.sbin is less competitive than you.sbin is less competitive than you.sbin is less competitive than you.sbin is less competitive than you.sbin is less competitive than you.sbin is less competitive than you.sbin is less competitive than you.sbin is less competitive than you.sbin is less competitive than you.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Sony PRS T2, iPhone 6, Cybook Orizon, Cybook Gen3
ePub conversion: override existing css with a custom one

Can I choose a specific css and make calibre use it to convert files in ePub?
The ePub output plugin is not customizable, but maybe there's a way to accomplish this.

Some books just look absurd, with borders and useless frills; I'd like for them to look tidy or at least readable.

EDIT:
Ouch.
Just found the way in the conversion preferences.

Sorry for this :P

Last edited by sbin; 01-08-2010 at 08:23 AM.
sbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 04:03 AM   #2
Ortep
Fanatic
Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis
I guess I'm looking for the same as you.
I have no idea how to use something that is called css. As far as I understand it is something you need to make a readable ePub from an other format that was readable in the first place.

I tried converting my Mobi collection for a test with the Cybook V2.0 firmware that only supports ePub. About half of them look horrible. Margins that dissapear or are much to wide. But all the books look great in Mobi or in the original HTML files What is it that makes ePub so difficult to convert to? A lot of people seem to be happy with it but sofar it looks to me that I'm going back in time. I went back to the V1.5 firmware so I can use Mobi again. But I am curious how other people manage this.
Ortep is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert