Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-16-2011, 11:12 AM   #1
richardwarriner
richardwarriner began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Sort by author then title

Hi

I cannot see a way, when viewing all books in the list to sort by author and then title within author.

If I sort by title and then author it kind of works but doesn't seem to remember it.
I keep exporting my library to csv only to find things not in the correct sequence

Thanks
richardwarriner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 11:22 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardwarriner View Post
Hi

I cannot see a way, when viewing all books in the list to sort by author and then title within author.

If I sort by title and then author it kind of works but doesn't seem to remember it.
I keep exporting my library to csv only to find things not in the correct sequence

Thanks
You can set a Preferences: Tweaks to always start Calibre with that sort.

You CAN control your CSV output sort from the command line.
You spreadsheet also can do very complex sorts ( be sure to select all columns with data before sorting) on the imported data.

Calibre sorts are biased by the previous sorts as you found. if you sort Titles, the Authors, the titles within Authors tends to be in Title order.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2011, 12:33 PM   #3
Pinecone
Guru
Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650, PRS-600, PRS-350
And I have found, that if they are not sorted by Title within an Author, it is because the Author name is NOT quite the same.
Pinecone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 01:00 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinecone View Post
And I have found, that if they are not sorted by Title within an Author, it is because the Author name is NOT quite the same.
A clue that this may be this issue, is that the Author appears to Appear more than ones in the Authors section, when in fact is there are small variants of a name.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote