Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 01-18-2011, 02:57 AM   #76
Mastiff
Viking proof reader
Mastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day now

Device: Onyx Boox Max 3
Buggins, I would love it if it's possible to do. I'm not in a hurry. But I can not get back the normal size fonts on my NC. I have gone up to font size 56 but it's too small to read.
Mastiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 03:13 AM   #77
Buggins
Zealot
Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastiff View Post
Buggins, I would love it if it's possible to do. I'm not in a hurry. But I can not get back the normal size fonts on my NC. I have gone up to font size 56 but it's too small to read.
Are you talking about bit font size limit (50)? It's fixed in one of latest builds.
At least size 72 is working. Is it too small?
Buggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 03:18 AM   #78
Mastiff
Viking proof reader
Mastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowMastiff will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day now

Nope, that's not it. On the previous version my Nook Color (technically my son's NC, I'm waiting for my Adam) had a font size of 26 that was pretty good. But now I can't get the font any bigger no matter what I do. 22 and 72 are the same, and they are far to small to read. Maybe 1/5 of what 26 used to be. Changing font doesn't do anything about the size either.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:31 AM   #79
Buggins
Zealot
Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Nope, that's not it. On the previous version my Nook Color (technically my son's NC, I'm waiting for my Adam) had a font size of 26 that was pretty good. But now I can't get the font any bigger no matter what I do. 22 and 72 are the same, and they are far to small to read. Maybe 1/5 of what 26 used to be. Changing font doesn't do anything about the size either.
Very strange.
Doesn't clean reinstall help?
If not, could you send me logs after font size change attempt?
Old 01-18-2011, 06:38 AM   #80
Mastiff
Viking proof reader

I must admit (with a hint of blushing...) that I have no idea how to do a clean install on Android. I have been using computers since DOS 2, but Android is sort of a new beast to me. I tried to find the previous version APK file to revert, but couldn't. I now tried to use a program that's on the rooted NC setup, Uninstaller, and then getting Cool Reader from Market. Is that a clean reinstall? It seems like it because I was back to the standard settings on everything. But still it's unreadable. I tried to change to 72 points, but that didn't change anthing.

And of course I will send you the logs. Where in the Android system are they?
Old 01-18-2011, 06:45 AM   #81
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
If I could only combine your reader with the style of Aldiko that would be awesome!
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 07:37 AM   #82
fdis101
fdis101 began at the beginning.

Device: Archos 101
Buggins, the new version 3.0.41-3 doesn't seem to remember my last position. It always return to the previous page (e.g if I left at page 10, the next time I start CR it open page 9 instead).

I am using Cool Reader on my Archos 101 in landscape mode with 2 pages. Hope you can fix this soon.

Cheers!

Last edited by fdis101; 01-18-2011 at 08:38 AM.
fdis101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 08:40 AM   #83
fdis101

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdis101 View Post
Buggins, the new version 3.0.41-3 doesn't seem to remember my last position. It always return to the previous page (e.g if I left at page 10, the next time I start CR it open page 9 instead).

I am using Cool Reader on my Archos 101 in landscape mode with 2 pages. Hope you can fix this soon.

Cheers!
Nevermind. Didn't realize there is a new version. It seems to be working now in version 3.0.41-5.

By the way, any chance of a Swedish hyphenation support?
Old 01-18-2011, 08:55 AM   #84
Buggins
Zealot

Quote:
I must admit (with a hint of blushing...) that I have no idea how to do a clean install on Android. I have been using computers since DOS 2, but Android is sort of a new beast to me. I tried to find the previous version APK file to revert, but couldn't. I now tried to use a program that's on the rooted NC setup, Uninstaller, and then getting Cool Reader from Market. Is that a clean reinstall? It seems like it because I was back to the standard settings on everything. But still it's unreadable. I tried to change to 72 points, but that didn't change anthing.

And of course I will send you the logs. Where in the Android system are they?
Uninstall, then install from market acts as clean reinstall.

Logs can be captured by application Android System Info and saved to file:
http://www.androlib.com/android.appl...-asi-xqFA.aspx
Old 01-18-2011, 09:11 AM   #85
Mastiff
Viking proof reader

OK, I managed to get the log. There's a lot of stuff, but I did do the stuff with Cool Reader just before I saved the logs, so I think it's at the top. Is there anything in it that could hurt my privacy? I tried to PM you the log, but it was too long, and it wasn't possible to do attachments on PM's it seems. If you PM me your mail address I'll mail it to you.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:50 AM   #86
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
OK, I managed to get the log. There's a lot of stuff, but I did do the stuff with Cool Reader just before I saved the logs, so I think it's at the top. Is there anything in it that could hurt my privacy? I tried to PM you the log, but it was too long, and it wasn't possible to do attachments on PM's it seems. If you PM me your mail address I'll mail it to you.
If you have a DropBox account you can save the file in a public folder and provide the URL to the person.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 09:52 AM   #87
Mastiff
Viking proof reader

I don't even have a Facebook account... The only thing I have on the web are forum accounts and E-mail accounts. But you gave me an idea, thanks! I'll use Sprend. That works without an account.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:25 AM   #88
Buggins
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdis101 View Post
Nevermind. Didn't realize there is a new version. It seems to be working now in version 3.0.41-5.

By the way, any chance of a Swedish hyphenation support?
Hopefully, there is a chance

Try cr3.0.41-6 from http://sourceforge.net/projects/cren...r3/cr3-3.0.41/

I've added Swedish and Polish dictionaries.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:41 AM   #89
fdis101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buggins View Post
Hopefully, there is a chance

Try cr3.0.41-6 from http://sourceforge.net/projects/cren...r3/cr3-3.0.41/

I've added Swedish and Polish dictionaries.
Thanks! It's working great!

Now all that I'm missing is a bookshelf made of wood imitation. That would make Cool Reader perfect.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:44 AM   #90
steven522
binomial: homo legentem
steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iriver Story HD; Archos 80 G9
I'm not sold on the bookshelf look. It might appeal to someone showing off their reader to others, but when it comes down to actually reading on the thing, I prefer a standard file browser and keeping my ebooks divided into my own folders.
steven522 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cool reader, fb2 epub rtf chm fbreader