Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-19-2009, 11:23 PM   #1
wsu99999
wsu99999 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 505
Files won't show up in reader

I am running the latest version of Calibre and have the latest firmware for my PRS 505. I'm trying to transfer my books that I've formatted from Calibre to my e-reader.

Calibre does the transfer and no errors show up. I manually go into the PRS-505's SD Card and I can see the Bbeb books in there and if I click on them they work, but when I go to the reader, they don't show up when the reader refreshes. (this is frustrating because every little change takes about 5-10 minutes to see the results due to the slow refresh rate of the 505)

I've read all over the forums and I'm sure it's a simple solution - can someone please help me?
wsu99999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 11:47 PM   #2
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Is this the first time you put them on the SD card? I think there has to be a folder named "Sony Reader" on the SD card for the Reader to "see" it and its contents. It doesn't seem to matter if the books are in the folder, but the folder has to be there.

I know this is true of the Sony ebook librarian software...

Good luck!
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2009, 12:10 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
After you unplug the reader and see the books not there, re connect it, are the files still on the SD card?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 02:49 PM   #4
wsu99999

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
After you unplug the reader and see the books not there, re connect it, are the files still on the SD card?
Yes. They are still there, however, they aren't always readable. Twice now they have been there but empty files. The 3rd 4th and 5th time they showed up and are physically there.

I did a test and had Calibre send the files directly to the device. The books showed up if they were put directly to the device, but not to the card. Any ideas? There are other books on the SD card that I manually put there and they work fine.
Old 01-20-2009, 02:56 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Odd do you have an alternate SD card you can test with?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2009, 06:04 PM   #6
wsu99999

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Odd do you have an alternate SD card you can test with?
yes I do. I will post the results this evening (after the family goes to sleep). Hopefully your online. Great product by the way - I'm excited to get it to work correctly