Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-17-2011, 10:15 PM   #16
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Paperwhite 1, iPad, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by gweminence View Post
Any browser works with it.
It does not work for me. I get 'Unsuccessful download' when I try to download a file from calibre. I also got this on my nook Color as well, in the stock browser and in CM7. I think it has something to do with having a password-protected server. I could always log in, but never download.
astrodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 10:16 PM   #17
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Okay Try deleting them then readd them. Make sure when in docs or books you're in Device and not cloud. If that doesn't work try restarting the Fire.
Restarting it did the trick. I'm playing with it some more to see if I can reproduce that.
Advert
Old 11-17-2011, 10:22 PM   #18
astrodad
Guru

Yep, it worked again. I downloaded via Dropbox, put it into the Books folder, then restarted. When I went to Books after the restart, the icons of all the books flashed, like it was refreshing, and I had the new book with the gold 'New' ribbon on it.

It's not a terrible process since the reboot takes less than twenty seconds, but it would be nice if I didn't have to restart. Perhaps something triggers this refresh process when the books are loaded via USB?
Old 11-17-2011, 10:59 PM   #19
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrodad View Post
Yep, it worked again. I downloaded via Dropbox, put it into the Books folder, then restarted. When I went to Books after the restart, the icons of all the books flashed, like it was refreshing, and I had the new book with the gold 'New' ribbon on it.

It's not a terrible process since the reboot takes less than twenty seconds, but it would be nice if I didn't have to restart. Perhaps something triggers this refresh process when the books are loaded via USB?
Did you try the synch button?
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 11:01 PM   #20
astrodad
Guru

Yes, that was my first idea. I went into the running apps but force closing them didn't help.
Advert
Old 11-17-2011, 11:02 PM   #21
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrodad View Post
Yes, that was my first idea. I went into the running apps but force closing them didn't help.
What apps do you have installed? Do you have the latest firmware?
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 03:25 AM   #22
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
I discovered that you must power the Fire off, then back on after side-loading books in the the documents folder. Then they will appear on the bookshelf and (groan) carousel.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote