Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 02-13-2011, 11:57 AM   #1
naro_c
naro_c began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Search and Replace problem

Hello,
I'm converting PUB -> MOBI and I want to remove simple expression (page numbers). This is what I did:

1) Select book, click at Convert books, click at Search and Replace
2) Click at wizard for the First expression
3) Search for piece of code I want to replace:

Code:
..... Přes svou drobnou postavu</p>
<p><i>11</i></p>
<p>byl urostlý, elegantní, přívětivý,.....
so my regular expression is:

Code:
<i>\d+</i>
4) test it, search Previous/Next expression works fine. There is 691 occurrences
5) Click OK (close Test window); click OK (start conversion)
6) After conversion finishes, click at MOBI variant and check generated output. Unfortunately, the page numbers are still present.

Any ideas?
naro_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 01:16 PM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Are you absolutely sure you're looking at the Mobi output? Did you select to view a specific format, or did you just click view?
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-17-2011, 09:13 PM   #3
zorko
zorko began at the beginning.

Device: none
I am having basically the same problem myself. I am trying to remove the headers and footers from an EPUB but nothing happens.

Fisrt I tried converting from EPUB to EPUB. I tested the regular expression using the wizard button and what I wanted removed was nicely highlighted. After doing the conversion the book looked exactly the same.

Then I thought the conversion should be between different formats so I went from EPUB to LIT. The resulting LIT still had the headers and footers.

Then I removed the EPUB and kept the LIT. Tested the regular expression again and everything was again highlighted in yellow. Did the conversion from LIT to EPUB and a new EPUB was created but the headers and footers were all there.

I tried the same but filling the replace box with XXXXXXXXXXXX searched for that in the resulting file but it was not there. I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong. Is there a flag somewhere that turns off search and replace during conversion? Anything else I can try?
zorko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 01:31 AM   #4
naro_c

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichean View Post
Are you absolutely sure you're looking at the Mobi output? Did you select to view a specific format, or did you just click view?
Yes, I clicked at "MOBI" format below book cover (right part of the screen)
Old 02-18-2011, 01:57 AM   #5
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by naro_c View Post
Yes, I clicked at "MOBI" format below book cover (right part of the screen)
If you're trying to remove headers from an epub while converting it to mobi then you need to select the epub for testing/regex creation in the search and replace wizard.
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2011, 12:59 AM   #6
naro_c

There is no other format than source PUB when I try to convert for the first time.