Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 11-21-2011, 07:31 PM   #631
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
^It was a very specific goal saying that I haven't read enough variety in the past, so I gave myself two parameters to generate the list of books from. It was actually more fun generating the list than buying books.

The actual challenge is on my goodreads account here.

Last edited by HomeInMyShoes; 11-21-2011 at 07:38 PM.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 04:02 PM   #632
Traye
Zealot
Traye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kindle, Sony PRS505, Ipod touch, iPhone
I did a challenge like this a couple of years ago. I managed more than 100.
I'm definitely going to do it for 2012, that's if the end of the world doesn't get in my way.
Traye is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2011, 12:02 PM   #633
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
One month left and I am over twenty books away, doesn't look like I will get there. I am going to lower my goal for 2012 to be a bit more realistic. Don't think that one hundred books in a year was a realistic goal.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 12:07 PM   #634
Namekuseijin
affordable chipmunk
Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony XPeria ZL, Kindle Paperwhite
I obviously won't make it, but I feel it made me read more than I've read for ages. Then again, because of this competition or because I now simply have a library in my pocket anywhere anytime?

and no, not just 9, the mark is outdated. I've read many and many stories, but mostly short stories, mainly Sherlock and Lovecraft.
Namekuseijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 05:26 AM   #635
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Fifty!
Advert
Old 12-01-2011, 07:32 AM   #636
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Smile 2012 Annual Reading Challenge!

As 2011 comes to a close I’d like to thank The Terminator for starting the thoroughly enjoyable 100 Books in 2011 Book Challenge! I think it is a great idea for the MobileRead community.

The Terminator will be letting someone else run the challenge next year. I have been offered the opportunity and have happily accepted. I hope to continue making it a fun experience for all.

I do plan to make some changes for 2012.

I loved this challenge, but I knew 100 would most likely be unattainable for me. I took part just to see if it would motivate me to read more (which it did) and to find out where I would be at the end.

What I would like to do next year is to lower my number to a more realistic (for me) goal. I have also seen people mention tracking the number of words or pages instead of the number of books. So, with that in mind I will be presenting the 2012 Annual Reading Challenge! [Threads will go up at the end of December.]

Like the 2011 100 Books Challenge, we will have both a Discussion Thread and a List Thread. Participating members, however, will state their own personal challenge in their own individual post in the List Thread.

Another change will be to include a TOC of participants at the beginning of the List thread, in order to make finding individual posts easier.

Once again, Thank You to The Terminator for getting the ball rolling, I hope to see everyone in the 2012 Reading challenge!

Happy Reading!

~Nyssa
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 08:09 AM   #637
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer

^Oooh, I like the TOC concept. I'm totally in.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:58 AM   #638
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
Participating members, however, will state their own personal challenge in their own individual post in the List Thread.
What a good idea. Mine will probably also include a challenge of reducing my TBR to under 300. (Currently at 390.)
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 06:34 PM   #639
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
^Oooh, I like the TOC concept. I'm totally in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
What a good idea. Mine will probably also include a challenge of reducing my TBR to under 300. (Currently at 390.)
I am glad you like the ideas. I'm really happy to be able to contribute in some way to what has become one of my favorite sites.

Last edited by Nyssa; 12-01-2011 at 06:40 PM. Reason: Correction
Old 12-01-2011, 10:14 PM   #640
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I'm still going for 100 in 2012 even if I don't make it. I figure it's a number I'll get closer to even if I don't make it yet again. But some year I will make it. So I'll keep trying until I do.

I think Nyssa will do a good job running the challenge.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 10:21 PM   #641
Nyssa
Series Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I'm still going for 100 in 2012 even if I don't make it. I figure it's a number I'll get closer to even if I don't make it yet again. But some year I will make it. So I'll keep trying until I do.

I think Nyssa will do a good job running the challenge.
Thank you, Jon.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:27 PM   #642
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thank you, Jon.
Now, if you want more people to reach a goal of 100 books in 2012, the best way to do it is to shut down MR for all of 2012.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:29 PM   #643
Nyssa
Series Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Now, if you want more people to reach a goal of 100 books in 2012, the best way to do it is to shut down MR for all of 2012.
I think I'd rather sacrifice my goal to keep MR around!!
Old 12-01-2011, 10:33 PM   #644
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
I think I'd rather sacrifice my goal to keep MR around!!
You can reopen MR in 2013.
Old 12-02-2011, 02:58 PM   #645
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
Congratulations Nyssa; I'm in for 2012. Both changes sound great. TOC will be good, and of course opening it up to individual challenges is superb. Last year I didn't wait around for it - I knew I'd never get anywhere near 100, so lowered mine to 50 which I still knew would be a challenge for me.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a terminator production