Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-02-2010, 02:06 PM   #1
Anarel
Evangelist
Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Device: K1, GKDX, K3
Unhappy MPB file Help!

So if you use Calibre, like me, you might know of a certain plugin. I (might) have used that plugin to convert my azw files to mobi files.

It works, got TTS, all that, gotta love it.

The hypothetical problem is, though the Title/Author info hasn't changed for the mpb file, whenever I load the book onto my Kindle, while it does not have the NEW tag next to it, none of my notes and highlights are showing up when I go to My Notes and Marks.

For purely academic purposes, if one was to offer me advice in this theoretical situation, what might it be?
Anarel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 03:28 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
I'd guess the book's file name has been changed (certainly the extension has if it's now .mobi) and/or there is some kind of identifier in the book file that changes. What happens if you rename one of these to match it's old file name and/or change the extension to .azw
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 05:08 PM   #3
Anarel
Evangelist
Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillipA82 View Post
Yep, that worked for me...
Change the MPB extension? From AZW to mobi?
Old 06-02-2010, 08:58 PM   #4
Anarel
Evangelist

Darn, that worked......

But now I don't have the chapter marks. Or TTS enabled.... There has to be something in the notes file that.... knows it was a mobi file >_<

I can't win ;_;

Any other options?