Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-17-2010, 10:24 PM   #1
Nick Rennie
Nick Rennie began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Kobo locked up.

Hi all, just after a bit of advise please.

A few weeks after ordering it from Whitcoulls here in New Zealand, my Kobo arrived. Got the desktop software going on my PC, plugged in the Koko and charged it up. Great! - just what I need (tetraplegic, can't turn printed book pages). But I only got approx 80 page turns off that initial charge, less off the second and now when the Kobo has the charging USB cable removed it doesn't even boot up.

It hangs on the "please wait while your Kobo ereader processes new content screen", even after charging for 5 hours.

On reading articles in this forum I know that there are ongoing issues with battery life and with firmware updates but I feel I may have a dud unit here. My current problem is that the thing won't even start up.

I'd appreciate your thoughts.

Regards,

Nick
Nick Rennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 09:01 AM   #2
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
I had some similar problems that were caused by some bad epub files I had copied onto my Kobo. If you have just added some epub files before this problem came up, try deleting them, and if it starts up, add them one at a time to check if you have an epub problem.

That was before I upgraded; I haven't noticed the problem since I upgraded.
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert