Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Interead COOL-ER

Notices

Old 06-14-2010, 11:53 AM   #1
remlap
Enthusiast
remlap began at the beginning.

Device: none
Request

I know this is a big request but I am currently looking for an ebook reader.

I've read the Cool-ER is very similar hardware to the eSlick which has PDF support.

Basically I'd like to know how: This PDF is handled, its a copy of TELE-satellite.

Thanks
remlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 11:44 PM   #2
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
the same

Yes they are essentially the same reader. There is only 1 manufacturer of the e-ink screens.

Cool-ers like most ereaders don't handle reflow on PDF's very good. I took some pics of the PDf you asked about.

There were some reflow issues here and there with it. I am not sure how helpful it would be to read that magazine as the print size is small.

I also noticed the transfer time on this file was rather slow as it was much larger than the average ebook file size.

Amy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pdfdisplay.jpg
Views:	769
Size:	242.1 KB
ID:	53380   Click image for larger version

Name:	pdfdisplay2.jpg
Views:	777
Size:	228.1 KB
ID:	53381  
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2010, 04:34 AM   #3
codeMonkey
Zealot
codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Cool-ER (running pocketbook firmware), Nokia N800, Nokia N900
It looks like they haven't OCRd it, so you're essentially looking at a bunch of pictures of the pages, hence the huge file sizes. PDF reflow depends on text.

You might have slightly more luck in landscape mode, or the zoom-level 8 mode where you can view approximately a quarter of the page at once.
codeMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 05:30 AM   #4
remlap
Enthusiast
remlap began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thank you very much sassanik and codemonkey.

That looks pretty good, and I assumed it be better in landscape.

I really appreciate you taking the time sassanik to take photographs like that!

Cheers
remlap is offline   Reply With Quote